News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 577     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 878     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

July 1st
End up shooting more areas than I have in the past and some of the info will be under their own threads.

Haven't really miss much since my last visit, but started east from Don Mills to Kennedy and then back.

Most of the rail stills needs to be install east of DVP to Victoria Park. They are forming platforms for Victoria Park Stop. They have removed the concrete barriers from VP station to Pharmacy, with pillions taking over.

Just west of Victoria Park to Birchmount, overhead wire supports have been installed on all the columns. Overhead wire in place at the crossover east of Pharmacy, but not 100% install. Westbound platform and shelter in place for Hakimi Lebovic Stop. Birchmount are just started to be work on. Seen 2 stops with platforms in both direction and one of 2 for another so far.

All the track in place from VP just before Birchmount and work is taking place under tent to take them to the portal at Kennedy Rd.

Curbs are being installed on the north side of Eglinton with only one access to the whole plaza or a business. Starting to see the coming of a 2 lane road in place of 3 lanes, with a small area seeing new sidewalk.

All the back filling over the tunnel at Kennedy Rd done, as well pass the traffic light to the east. The east side still needs the road pour. No left turn at Kennedy going east at this time.

A fair number of intersection have new traffic signals wrap up and waiting for them to be activated and the removal of the construction ones. This is for all directions including the LRT ones.

Photos to follow in the next few days.

All the surface rails will be in place by fall and overhead by spring 2021 to allow testing once LRV's can pass through the tunnels and stations.

July 1st
All the track in place from VP just before Birchmount and work is taking place under tent to take them to the portal at Kennedy Rd.

All the surface rails will be in place by fall and overhead by spring 2021 to allow testing once LRV's can pass through the tunnels and stations.

If the tracks and overhead could have been installed by 2021 in all the tunnels, couldn't the trains "bypass" the unfinished stations to serve the finished stations AND stops? We've seen instants where the heavy rail subway trains bypassed stations on both Line 1 and Line 2.

If the tracks and overhead could have been installed by 2021 in all the tunnels, couldn't the trains "bypass" the unfinished stations to serve the finished stations AND stops? We've seen instants where the heavy rail subway trains bypassed stations on both Line 1 and Line 2.
Unfortunately, some stations are just way too behind. Some of them are still dirt holes.

Unfortunately, some stations are just way too behind. Some of them are still dirt holes.
Yonge/Eglinton for sure, since they just starting digging it under TTC subway.

Keelesdale, Don Mills, Caledonia, Mount Dennis, Kennedy have, are or about to see rail and no idea on others since I don't follow them.

Yonge/Eglinton for sure, since they just starting digging it under TTC subway.

Keelesdale, Don Mills, Caledonia, Mount Dennis, Kennedy have, are or about to see rail and no idea on others since I don't follow them.

Metrolinx published a series of videos 2 months ago showing the progress of the entire line. Afaik stations like Avenue just only finished mining. While its possible to maybe install tracks by 2021, unlikely that things like the centenary will get installed.

Metrolinx published a series of videos 2 months ago showing the progress of the entire line. Afaik stations like Avenue just only finished mining. While its possible to maybe install tracks by 2021, unlikely that things like the centenary will get installed.
Like I stated, any other station not noted, I don't follow nor review Metrolinx video. I don't have the time or need to follow every stations and leave that to others. I am only going by what I see first hand and hope other stations are more advance to allow cars to get from one end to the other to test the surface section, let alone in the tunnel stations.

With an opening date in 2022, testing has to start in 2021.

When you see sites in full work mold on July 1st, as well most weekend, the push is still on to get the line open in early 2022.

Is there any plans to do a rebuild or update the TTC subway stations on Line 1 that merge with the Crosstown. We just went through on the subway yesterday and I was noticing the station on the University side is looking a little stuck in the 70-80's era. I imagine the answer to my question is likely no since the start of the opening is relatively close but figured I'd let people with more insight then I tell me no lol.

Is there any plans to do a rebuild or update the TTC subway stations on Line 1 that merge with the Crosstown. We just went through on the subway yesterday and I was noticing the station on the University side is looking a little stuck in the 70-80's era. I imagine the answer to my question is likely no since the start of the opening is relatively close but figured I'd let people with more insight then I tell me no lol.

Eglinton station will undergo substantial Yonge platform alteration. That said, this might happen in the 2 years after Crosstown opens rather than before.

Cedarvale (Eglinton West) has minimal change to previously existing components.

Reactions: syn

This year (autumn) would be a good time to plant grass and trees, instead of the boring grey of concrete. Allow time for it to grow and confirm that they will grow.

From link.

1144_05a.jpg

P1090720a.jpg

4073_46a.jpg

P1040998a.jpg

EuskoTrana.jpg

Combino_VAG_auf_Rasengleisa.jpg

Lyon-tram3a.jpg

Yes, the images include northern Europe.

Question for the transit geeks:

What percentage of the Crosstown budget would you reckon is just for the above ground portion between the DVP and Kennedy? And in general, how much does it cost to build the LRT underground per/KM vs. above ground?

Thanks!

Back