News   Apr 24, 2024
 434     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 598     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 500     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I think Edinburgh counts. 2°C, a light rain, and a 20km/h winds is one of the nicer winter days. Toronto probably wins for worst week of the year, but Edinburgh beats Toronto for least pleasant on-average season.

Please. Edinburgh's winters have nothing on Toronto's.

Brutal is subjective. I lived in Calgary with constant minus 20 to minus 30 with a c train that ran every fifteen minutes with no heaters. I lived to see another day.
Calgary's stations offer quite a bit more protection from the elements than the Crosstown surface stops. They're more akin to Viva stations or even some of the open air subway stations like Rosedale. Even their open air stations like Franklin or Bridgeland have indoor space to wait for trains.

Calgary's stations offer quite a bit more protection from the elements than the Crosstown surface stops. They're more akin to Viva stations or even some of the open air subway stations like Rosedale. Even their open air stations like Franklin or Bridgeland have indoor space to wait for trains.
The downtown stations for the elite had no shelters when I was there and people figured it out. It was nothing like VIVA. Anyways Buy a better jacket and maybe some mitts.

As I keep saying....If you under-roof/shelter your stops, you will find yourself wondering why all the passengers are bunching up at one door, and why your dwell times are longer than expected......station design should encourage people to spread out the length of the platform. Doesn't have to be heated or winterproof, just something better than standing out in the wind/rain.

- Paul

Please. Edinburgh's winters have nothing on Toronto's.

Personally I find near-freezing rain to be one of the least pleasant experiences; and they get months of that crap. I'll take -10 and sunny anytime.

It's easy to put on a jacket for warmth, it's damn hard to keep the rain out in a strong wind.

Last edited:
The downtown stations for the elite had no shelters when I was there and people figured it out. It was nothing like VIVA. Anyways Buy a better jacket and maybe some mitts.
"For the elite"? 🤣

Calgary's downtown stations are mostly covered and in addition to the roof structures also have smaller, enclosed shelters on the platforms. Like I said, more protection than the little half shelters being installed on Eglinton.

"For the elite"? 🤣

Calgary's downtown stations are mostly covered and in addition to the roof structures also have smaller, enclosed shelters on the platforms. Like I said, more protection than the little half shelters being installed on Eglinton.
I honestly remember freezing outside at the downtown locations. In Calgary the suburbs had enclosed stations. Maybe the downtown 15 years ago had stations full of sketchy people but I can't imagine I'd rather freeze than be beside someone sketchy.

Kennedy station is really making progress
20200620_163402.jpg

Question does somone on the Metrolinx baord own stock in gal;ss company? I'm just curious as to why there is so much glass in all of there designs and builds recently.

Question does somone on the Metrolinx baord own stock in gal;ss company? I'm just curious as to why there is so much glass in all of there designs and builds recently.
It's just as much glass as the TYSSE stations. They just seen to have an one design fit all station on this Line. They reason why they use glass is to create an open and transparent place so people don't lurk behind walls creating a safer environment.

Back