News   Apr 18, 2024
 705     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.4K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Around the airport, the LRT has to be either below grade, underground, or at the very least, below the flight path of any airplane coming in to land or taking off.

From link.

I think the most realistic place to test elevated is Sheppard which would also facilitate a conversion of the subway.
Are LRVs generally heavier than HRVs? If so, it wouldn't be much of a conversion, but rather a vehicle change, from current HRVs to smaller ones. Maybe it can run on TTC gauge as well, so it can co-share yards with the other lines.

Around the airport, the LRT has to be either below grade, underground, or at the very least, below the flight path of any airplane coming in to land or taking off.

From link.

That's fair. The currently planned alignment does have it elevate over the 401, but then moves back to the ground level at Convair Drive. (probably hitting a traffic signal here.
The flight path seems to be 450m north of Convair-Renforth intersection. So dipping before that is justified. They probably can probably still elevate until past the intersection. But I'm not sure if the slope will be too steep.

ecwe-map.png

Last edited:
^It’s only the *earth* mining that’s complete. The politicians‘ Photo Op mining has barely started.

- Paul

^It’s only the *earth* mining that’s complete. The politicians‘ Photo Op mining has barely started.

- Paul
If Stephen Del Duca was in power/still the Minister of Photo-Ops, you can be rest assured he would've been at this site at the crack of dawn.

When it comes to photo-ops, he's the biggest clown of a Canadian politician you'll ever meet.

This really shows how immensely complicated the underpinning and support work is at Eglinton West and Eglinton.

Watching that, i've gained an appreciation to the conditions that engineers and crews have to work with. A 2 millimetre shift is literally all it takes for work to stop and a delay in construtction to occur!

This really shows how immensely complicated the underpinning and support work is at Eglinton West and Eglinton.

Watching that, i've gained an appreciation to the conditions that engineers and crews have to work with. A 2 millimetre shift is literally all it takes for work to stop and a delay in construtction to occur!

Based upon this amazing completion I am more confident then before that the Crosstown will be operational by September 2022.

Lol was being sarcastic! Earliest would be early 2024
That's a LITTLE pessimistic IMO, I'd probably say late 2022- early 2023, but you never know. Though it would be embarrassing if the Crosstown falls behind Finch West...

Some parts of the Crosstown could open earlier if they go for a phased opening though.

That's a LITTLE pessimistic IMO, I'd probably say late 2022- early 2023, but you never know. Though it would be embarrassing if the Crosstown falls behind Finch West...

Some parts of the Crosstown could open earlier if they go for a phased opening though.
It's embarrassing enough REM is ahead of us for a 2021 opening date we don't need the Crosstown falling behind Finch too, I know that only the south section of REM is opening next year but still that pace of construction is incredible.

Back