News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 364     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

20200218_115941.jpg

I think we knew kinda from day 1 that this delay was inevitable.

Now they can keep pushing the date further into 2022 and still claim they opened the line in "2022", even if that ends up being November or December. They have a full calendar year of breathing room.

On projects I work on for a transit company, about half of the timespan of any given project is put in for decision making (well, basically lack of decision making). Overreaching governance is a major issue in delays for public projects.

I'll make a response to that next month, after I undergo a study on the ramifications of any response, both positive and negative.

Some actual good news despite the delay. At least we can get some sections open like the surface and western underground portion.

This will never happen, no matter how loud Josh Matlow cries over this. Cedarvale won't be ready before 2022

Cedarvale Station is less complicated to work with than Eglinton Station. Eglinton Station is a decades older and surrounded by tall buildings.

I'm just confused on how yonge-eglinton has been under construction for more than 10 years. AnD aLL tHe StAtIoN WoRk hAs only StArTeD a YeAr AgO.

They had to do relocation of various utilities, installation of various equipment, etc. This takes time and must be done before other work. That is why work on the station is only being done now.

That being said they have been working on the crater where the original bus bays were for a few years now.

Link

Finally... but no actual trains anytime soon.

View attachment 231741
When we drove by site a few weeks ago, we could see most of the platforms were in place. Was hoping to get to the site by now to take photos of it as well a few other places were tracks are now in place. Maybe it could be next week.

With this delay, how far east could service be phase in?? The best I can see, Yonge can't see service until late 2021 or early 2022 as well the rest of the line east of it. The best I could see will be to the Spadina Line depending on the stations between Mount Dennis and Cedarvale Station. This will reduce the number of buses west of Eglinton West Station on Eglinton as plan and be use elsewhere.

Other than the tail track for Mount Dennis and the tunnel under the rail corridor that will be in place by the summer, that station is ready for service as well the yard.

Crosstown won’t open on time? I’m shocked. Shocked!

Delays of this sort happen. The real story is in ML’s secretiveness and lack of transparency. ML seems to believe its own press releases.If they can just keep denying, it will open on time......

The thing to watch is how ML feeds its contractor to the press. The P3 process will be the victim.

No contractor is going to sign up for a P3 in the future without some very tight language and very large contingencies.

They declared P3 dead a few months ago when nobody wanted to take the RER package.

New hotness is IOs "alliance contracting model", where risk is split, and likely no single contracts over $4B either (subdivide work for tenders).

Back