News   Mar 28, 2024
 62     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

^Took the bus along there today. There is subgrade almost the full length of the route, except for one portion at the east end where it looks there may still be some utility relocation required. Lots of concrete being laid or in works. Another six months, and the work will be very well along on the surface stretch. I'm not concerned about this part of the line being ready.

Those deep holes, and what's needed down below, remains the big concern. One can see the concrete forms getting done in the trench at Kennedy, but not so much in places further west.

- Paul

Around Ionview iirc. The pavement had not even been excavated, and there were manholes in the pavement.

- Paul

Ah ok. They are working on the culvert surrounding Massey Creek. I believe they were waiting to finish this section until Kennedy was further along in terms of completion. Right now Kennedy LRT Station is nothing more than a gigantic concrete pit.

Eglinton West Station Bus Loop Closure: Late March 2020 to Late Summer 2020

See link.

Hours of Work

• The Eglinton West Station bus loop will be closed for approximately five (5) months beginning late March, 2020
  • Construction will take place seven (7) days per week from 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
  • Construction hours are subject to change; overnight work may be required

Work Area Map

Eglinton West Station Bus Loop Closure: Late March 2020 to Late Summer 2020

What to Expect

• The bus loop at Eglinton West Station will be closed from late March, 2020 to late summer, 2020
  • Installation of bus platforms on the north and south sides of Eglinton Avenue West
  • Increased pedestrian traffic at Eglinton Avenue West and Allen Road

TTC Bus Rerouting at Eglinton Station: Late March to Late Summer 2020

See link.

What Work is Taking Place?

In late March 2020, the bus loop at Eglinton West Station, located at Allen Road and Eglinton Avenue, will be closed for approximately five (5) months while crews construct a roof for the future Cedarvale LRT Station. During the closure, the 32D Eglinton West bus will extend to Eglinton Station.

To accommodate the additional 32D buses, the 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside buses must enter Eglinton Station from the Berwick Avenue entrance. 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside buses will travel westbound on Eglinton Avenue, south on Duplex Avenue, east on Berwick Avenue, and turn left into the bus terminal. Speed bumps on Duplex and Berwick Avenues must be modified to allow TTC buses to travel safely along the route. Once the Eglinton West Station bus loop re-opens in September 2020, the 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside buses will resume their normal route into Eglinton Station.

Work Area Map

1581349885081.png

Hours of Work

• The 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside buses will be rerouted for approximately five (5) months beginning late March 2020 until late summer 2020

• Modifications to the speed bumps will begin as early as late February 2020; a separate notice will be issued in advance of this work

What to Expect

• Approximately six (6) TTC buses per hour will travel along this route

• Noise can be expected when speed bumps are modified

Pedestrian and Traffic Changes

• Short-term traffic disruptions may be in effect when the speed bumps are modified

Transit Information

• The 32D Eglinton West bus will be extended to terminate at Eglinton Station during the closure

• The 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside buses will use Duplex and Berwick Avenues to access the bus terminal at Eglinton Station

• Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information

I found it strange that they are installing the bracket supports on the poles at the east end considering Victoria to Warden had tracks installed long before this area. This area only has a small amount of rail installed compare to the west.

Kennedy intersection will be back fill and rebuilt in the spring along with new sidewalks and road on Eglinton where the portal is.

Have posted under Kennedy station thread of the photos I shot on Feb 8.The roof of the concourse is really thick and must be for the power sub station that will be built on top of it. Odd seeing the footing for a tower crane in the floor of the tunnel waiting to be pour.

I found it strange that they are installing the bracket supports on the poles at the east end considering Victoria to Warden had tracks installed long before this area. This area only has a small amount of rail installed compare to the west.

Kennedy intersection will be back fill and rebuilt in the spring along with new sidewalks and road on Eglinton where the portal is.

Have posted under Kennedy station thread of the photos I shot on Feb 8.The roof of the concourse is really thick and must be for the power sub station that will be built on top of it. Odd seeing the footing for a tower crane in the floor of the tunnel waiting to be pour.

I was surprised to see that as well this weekend. I am just glad the work is getting done. Kennedy and Eglinton is busy at the best of times.

I was surprised to see that as well this weekend. I am just glad the work is getting done. Kennedy and Eglinton is busy at the best of times.
Despite that, it doesn't stop the fact the line will inevitably get delayed thanks to the central section. I'd be very surprised if the line opened on time.

Back