News   Mar 28, 2024
 31     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 209     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

That station looks like St. Patrick and Queen's Park, and the platform looks longer than a subway platform; you can barely see the other end and it looks more like a shared tunnel. Are all the stations built like that?

That underground cavern also includes room for crossover tracks and a centre storage track, more than double the length of space needed for just a station.

1580746234070.png

1580746251539.png

This infographic, although cool, doesnt really say too much because it doesnt say how far along each section is. Like I would imagine anything with green on it has the track fully installed (like the western portions) but the eastern sections are also green, but not fully filled in. So how much of that is actually done? This could've been done a bit better...

This infographic, although cool, doesnt really say too much because it doesnt say how far along each section is. Like I would imagine anything with green on it has the track fully installed (like the western portions) but the eastern sections are also green, but not fully filled in. So how much of that is actually done? This could've been done a bit better...
There could have been fine print reading "Diagram not to scale"

Looks like it means when trains can run on them. They don't need to be filled in for that.

Track is good, but catenary + track is more meaningful in terms of operability. I wonder if any signalling is installed yet, either.

- Paul

Looks like it means when trains can run on them. They don't need to be filled in for that.

See, that would've made sense but I go past the area around the O'Conner stop and nothing between Aga Khan and O'Conner has any rail that could have a train on it. Thats why I dont know why there is any green on that part of the line, they should be blue.

See, that would've made sense but I go past the area around the O'Conner stop and nothing between Aga Khan and O'Conner has any rail that could have a train on it. Thats why I dont know why there is any green on that part of the line, they should be blue.
The small bits of green would be the intersections along Eglinton where they installed track first before filling in the in between sections. Intersection track installation is the most disruptive so they usually get all of them out of the way first then fill in the gaps later.

Track is good, but catenary + track is more meaningful in terms of operability. I wonder if any signalling is installed yet, either.

- Paul
There was a larger number (7?) of trucks for overhead work sitting at the yard entrance when I pass the site last week at Mount Dennis. Are they working from the west to to the east or for a certain area? Seen none out in the east end.

There was a tweet from Metrolinx recently stating they had finished the tracks at the intersections along the surface section, I guess they would have focused on the tracks there first, and then fill in the rest.

If you look carefully in full size, you see that the section between O'Connor and Lebovic have multiple green sections stretching through to each other. From O'connor to the Don Mills east portal, there are many white gaps with small green sections. It looks like it means VP intersection is done all with 4 intersections west of there. Which I assume are the intersections at Sloane, Swift Dr and the 2 DVP ramps.

If you look carefully in full size, you see that the section between O'Connor and Lebovic have multiple green sections stretching through to each other. From O'connor to the Don Mills east portal, there are many white gaps with small green sections. It looks like it means VP intersection is done all with 4 intersections west of there. Which I assume are the intersections at Sloane, Swift Dr and the 2 DVP ramps.

Can confirm that track is well underway from Warden to O'Connor. From Warden to Kennedy is a different story.

Can confirm that track is well underway from Warden to O'Connor. From Warden to Kennedy is a different story.
You mean Birchmount to Kennedy. Track is pretty much complete between Warden and Birchmount and they're installing Overhead Catenary by now.

Back