News   Apr 24, 2024
 63     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 405     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 437     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

ML pretty much doesn't want any developers screwing up their projects and causing a delay to the line. How ironic :D:D:D

On a side note, that bus terminal is going to be freezing in the winter. Just like Lawrence West. Little width between the two glass walls on each side and many doors. It'll be hard to heat up.

On a side note, that bus terminal is going to be freezing in the winter. Just like Lawrence West. Little width between the two glass walls on each side and many doors. It'll be hard to heat up.
I don't think there are any plans to heat or air-condition the stations much like none of the curet subway stations have heat or AC in public areas.

I drove from Kennedy to Laird today. Must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the density. I'd forgotten how much there was already and it should densify even further in the coming years. There's an opportunity to give Eglinton a good, urban, avenue feel. Hope it materializes with the Eglinton Connects streetscape plan. Any update on that?

I drove from Kennedy to Laird today. Must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the density. I'd forgotten how much there was already and it should densify even further in the coming years. There's an opportunity to give Eglinton a good, urban, avenue feel. Hope it materializes with the Eglinton Connects streetscape plan. Any update on that?

There are some of the usual suspects who are against Eglinton Connects. They want Eglinton to remain as a want-to-be expressway, without pedestrian and cyclist interaction.

That's a significant statement. I recognize there are a lot of professionals on this site with opinions that are very well informed. I'm interested in understanding the rationale behind your comment.

The original schedule had them doing testing on the line next year but this cavern under laird is nowhere near ready for testing

The original schedule had them doing testing on the line next year but this cavern under laird is nowhere near ready for testing
They're only testing( I don't know why) the section between Mount Dennis and Caledonia which is almost done for the most part. It's getting electrified so yeah.

Rough guide, based on TYSSE: When we begin seeing interior shots with the escalators roughed in, we are two years from opening. Nothing is magic about escalators, other than, innirder to put them in, the station shell has to be pretty much complete.
All it takes is one station to fall behind, and the line can’t open. It’s hard to find one that is “out of the gate” at this point.

- Paul

Back