News   Apr 25, 2024
 253     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 387     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 582     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I consider Eglinton the northern side of Toronto. Bloor is the middle of Toronto. King street downtown. The rest is the burbs.

Last edited:
I mean before ML approved the contract, Crosslinx would have proposed how much it will cost to build the surface section. If ML ask for work to be done quickly (let's say within 3 months), the cost would have been higher upfront. Of course the Libs was trying to keep the project cost as low as possible. So we see what ML brought to us and they are partially to blame for the project scheduling.
Exactly. For this ineptitude in project management ML should be held responsible for hiring crosslinx, but the fault should lie mostly on the latter as they are the construction managers and they are supposed to be the subject matter experts and the ones doing the job as construction managers. It's not like ML can fire them midway through.

Some parts even have sidewalks?
My street didn't have sidewalks when we lived in Scarborough. There was running water and indoor plumbing. The plus about living in the country was that we never needed an alarm clock because our neighbours rooster woke us up every morning for twenty years.

Kennedy Road, looking north from the farm of Alex Doherty : one mile south of Ellesmere, Scarborough Twp.

[between 1925 and 1940]

f1568_it0147.jpg

From
link.

[nerd voice]Your tweet dated September 8, 2019 referred to Eglinton Avenue as the northern side of Toronto, despite parts of the street clearly being closer to the lake than the geographic northern part of the city. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic light rail line or something? Boy I hope someone got fired over that blunder.
[/end Simpsons reference]

Seriously guys, the street is north of downtown and runs through a part of the city commonly called North Toronto. Calling it the northern side is hardly a stretch. I know we all nerd out here but come on.

Back