News   Apr 19, 2024
 398     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 721     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 748     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

it's the disorderly, mickey mouse approach to the project, lanes randomly ending with no warning, stuff scattered all over the place, the glacial pace of everything with no sense of urgency. Sad that our public infrastructure projects are now approached like they used to be in the developing world, whereas the developing world is able to get stuff done and build impressive stuff quickly.

Exactly this. The area in and around Kennedy and Eglinton is a write off. It has been a construction mess for years and is to be avoided like the plague. Repairs are fine but heavy construction is a disaster.

Suburban traffic lanes carry 900-1,200 vehicles per hour at peak iirc
It's not like 20 buses an hour adds much to congestion.

And the loss of buses - running approximately every 3 minutes in their own lane - counts for nothing, of course?

Dan
Memories are short. I used to hate Eglinton. There were reserved bus lanes on the curb which were a total pain in the ass to navigate. I'll take in median and separated over dodging buses stopping randomly any day. As for every three minutes. It seemed they used to travel in packs - three at one intersection at a time. I don't miss that.

Last edited:
According to Metrolinx Capital Project Report for next week meeting, overhead insulation is supposed to be taking place from the west portal to Caledonia, but I don't see any from the portal to Mt Dennis yet.

Over 41% of the track has now been installed on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (ECLRT) along with all of the fibre, lighting, overhead catenary system and cabling from Mt. Dennis to Caledonia.

Back