News   Apr 18, 2024
 393     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.7K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I use GoogleMaps on my Android Auto regularly, but always back-check with reality. If something doesn't make sense, I rely on my intuition. It has saved my ass many times. It tends to pick the easiest route, even through heavy traffic, and sometimes one-way streets are not programmed correctly. You can't just follow nav blindly.

A lot of GPS talk. We get it. GPS isn't perfect. Yet some humans are too lazy to think for themselves and may kill themselves following wrong directions. Natural selection I am ok with. Maybe someone can buy onecity a GPS.

What is the point of that? If the TTC is going to tell you where their trains are, they would have done it on the existing subway. It would be nice on an interactive map but I have doubts it will happen.

They already do. The Transit app has live update of where the subway trains are, as well as this map

They already do. The Transit app has live update of where the subway trains are, as well as this map

I believe any live map positions (e.g. Transsee) are based on TTC feeds of the estimated arrival time at each station. I am not aware they actually feed the actually position they see in CIS to the pubic.

The map you quoted is definitely not a live map. It's too perfect. It does state the data is based on schedule and if you compare it to the NextBus map, you can see it's definitely off.

Back