News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 346     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

its not nearly as confusing as qq with the driveway entrances and streetcar tracks on the side of the road. we rarely see cars drive into the portals at spadina and saint clair west for a reason.

I really think there needs to be a stupidity fine and section introduced to the Highway Traffic Act, with this driver being the first to be charged to the fullest extent of the new law.
I think the TTC charges the owner of the vecheles for the time for the crane to be brought in plus the pay for the operator and the tow.

Most times they have been drunk though. Plus Queens Quay is really badly laid out especially if you don't update your GPS often.

The only map update I can get for my car came out 6 months after I bought my car. Seven years ago... I'm sure many built-in GPS units are the same way. :-(

The only map update I can get for my car came out 6 months after I bought my car. Seven years ago... I'm sure many built-in GPS units are the same way. :-(
You could always use your phone. Google Maps, Waze, and even the multitude of free offline GPS apps get updated frequently.

These issues are why Android Auto and Apple Carplay exist. Car companies will never be able to match smartphone companies and app developers for updates. Not to mention a coherent interface.

You could always use your phone. Google Maps, Waze, and even the multitude of free offline GPS apps get updated frequently.

These issues are why Android Auto and Apple Carplay exist. Car companies will never be able to match smartphone companies and app developers for updates. Not to mention a coherent interface.

Lol, most 7.5 year old cars don't have Android Auto or Apple Carplay either.

Full disclosure: Despite these limitations, I as a tourist driving to Toronto Waterfront events have never driven into (nor do I advocate or excuse driving into) the Queens Quay tunnel portal.

We all know that people complaining about poor drivers are really just looking for any excuse to subtly advocate for subways subways subway.

Lol, most 7.5 year old cars don't have Android Auto or Apple Carplay either.

Full disclosure: Despite these limitations, I as a tourist driving to Toronto Waterfront events have never driven into (nor do I advocate or excuse driving into) the Queens Quay tunnel portal.
Oh I know, that's why I mentioned using your phone. My car is actually exactly 7.5 years old and that's what I do.

That being said, GPS being in everyone's car or phone is no excuse for unintuitive road design.

The gates at Queens Quay were successful, no one has driven into the tunnels since.
Considering the gates haven't work for days or weeks. Seen them a number of times with the gates being open with one or both at the same time. Give it time and we will hear of a car in the tunnel again.

Anyone using a GPS tracker needs to understand they are correct for part of your trip, depending on where you are. Have used the GPS a few time just to see how it work that it had me going in another location or wrong direction compare to what was taking place at the time. In some cases, lost me all together. Good for people who don't know how to read a map or know where they are going in the first place. Very rare I get lost going to an location I never been to before using the map. Never use the GPS while away in May that I never been to before in my 2000 mile trip. Went one way and came back another way with no problems. Have no plans to use the GPS for a 2 week trip next week.

Try using the GPS walking in Montreal last year and gave up on it quickly as it had me going the wrong direction. Considering I never been to the area before and have looked at the map before getting to my start point, knew I was going the right way without the use of the GPS and ended up in the right area.

Back