News   Apr 19, 2024
 493     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 601     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I think that sign needs to have vertical yellow lines intersecting at Cedarvale and Eglinton, and differently coloured lines (striped green and white?) intersecting at Caledonia and Mt Dennis. As a local I get what the sign is trying to convey, but I'm not sure if a visitor would make the connection (pun!) as easily
Ideally with destination/terminal station names too.

Eglinton LRT (the "E" Line, or as some might call it, Line 5) is Red? I thought the colour Red was reserved for TTC streetcars? I guess Metrolinx is admitting that Eglinton is a glorified Streetcar. :)
I think that sign needs to have vertical yellow lines intersecting at Cedarvale and Eglinton, and differently coloured lines (striped green and white?) intersecting at Caledonia and Mt Dennis. As a local I get what the sign is trying to convey, but I'm not sure if a visitor would make the connection (pun!) as easily
Striped green and white? This brings up the good point that the GO lines should be coloured as well. I've suggest they are all green - with a different stripe colour for each line. Also, these should be labelled with a 2 character identifier to differentiate from the subway (Metro) system that is 1 character).
Ideally with destination/terminal station names too.
Do you want every station as well? It's not needed.

The names on this map are pretty terrible. It really gives no sense of place. It's pretty pathetic that you can't even easily find Yonge Street on this map.

Not once does the word “GO” appear. I think that is ridiculous.
Nor the standard “dot within a circle “interchange station picto. Let’s re-invent the wheel.

I still cannot wrap my head around how they are just leaving Eglinton Station as is. Unbelievably stupid.

They didn't even follow their own advice of avoiding duplicate station names. How they managed to let this one slide as they simultaneously changed a bunch of other station names along the Crosstown, Finch and Hurontario is beyond me.

They didn't even follow their own advice of avoiding duplicate station names. How they managed to let this one slide as they simultaneously changed a bunch of other station names along the Crosstown, Finch and Hurontario is beyond me.

View attachment 185164
Let's remember, they hired British consultants to figure out the names of these stations.

View attachment 185164
And why the insisted on not following convention with TTC intersecting stations is beyond me (Sheppard-Yonge, Bloor-Yonge).

Eglinton LRT (the "E" Line, or as some might call it, Line 5) is Red? I thought the colour Red was reserved for TTC streetcars? I guess Metrolinx is admitting that Eglinton is a glorified Streetcar. :)

Striped green and white? This brings up the good point that the GO lines should be coloured as well.
1. Check your glasses.That line is Line 5 orange.
2. GO lines have colours actually. Richmond Hill is a robin’s egg blue. Barrie is navy. Milton is orange.

Back