News   Apr 25, 2024
 211     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 363     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 565     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Is there any way for the Province to be the one controlling the traffic signals and not the City? Upload Eglinton Avenue?

MTO still hasn't updated their transit traffic signal website (see link) to include any international transit signals other than:

3-2-9.jpg

Still waiting.

MTO still hasn't updated their transit traffic signal website (see link) to include any international transit signals other than:

3-2-9.jpg

Still waiting.
That is the driver's handbook, not an LRT vehicle drivers handbook. It's good they at least how an example of a transit signal - unless you want them to also show drivers the details of other transit signals.

Is there any way for the Province to be the one controlling the traffic signals and not the City? Upload Eglinton Avenue?
Of course! Queen's Park legislates the law that allows municipalities to operate roads according to the HTA. The city transportation service can be revoked and uploaded at Ford's desire. In fact the Mayor of Toronto position can be eliminated, John Tory fired with Queen's Park directly ruling Toronto. If anyone claims violation of human rights, NOTWITHSTANDING CLAUSE!!!

Careful what you say. The province wanted to build Eglinton out as a highway in the past. Eglinton Connects would be dead in the water if this was MTO's turf.

The wheelchair access signs look redundant.
I thought that at first, but then realized it’s still necessary because other lines aren’t fully accessible. So it would inconsistent to have some maps that have accessibility logos and others to not have them but imply all are accessible. They’ll probably remove the logos from all maps when the entire system is fully accessible.

Is it not way too early for signs at eglinton station??
Why? If they are ready to put signs up, why not ... better find out sooner than later, if there's something unexpected.

It's good to see that they are still planning on both the new Caledonia and Mount Dennis GO stations opening in 2021. And the UP station as well.

Also, looks like we have a new vehicle symbol for LRT.

Last edited:
I think that sign needs to have vertical yellow lines intersecting at Cedarvale and Eglinton, and differently coloured lines (striped green and white?) intersecting at Caledonia and Mt Dennis. As a local I get what the sign is trying to convey, but I'm not sure if a visitor would make the connection (pun!) as easily

Back