News   Apr 17, 2024
 465     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 298     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It's aggressive, but not impossible. For comparison here is 2.5 years of progress at Rideau station in Ottawa

May 2016
Rideau-Station-cavern-final-excavation-and-support-2016-05-25-1024x709.jpg

Aug 2018
Ongoing-construction-at-Rideau-Station-2018-08-01-1024x768.jpg

Apr 2019
D3ehf_pWwAETdtw

But odds are the Crosstown will be late, given the general track record of rail projects across the country.

It's aggressive, but not impossible. For comparison here is 2.5 years of progress at Rideau station in Ottawa

May 2016
Rideau-Station-cavern-final-excavation-and-support-2016-05-25-1024x709.jpg

Aug 2018
Ongoing-construction-at-Rideau-Station-2018-08-01-1024x768.jpg

Apr 2019
D3ehf_pWwAETdtw

But odds are the Crosstown will be late, given the general track record of rail projects across the country.

With a fire at a high school next door to the Keelesdale Station, the opening is not set in stone yet.

Looks from the photo that the section of the school on fire, is separated from the secondary entrance at the northwest corner, by a new part of the school. I can't imagine the water damage would be that extensive at this stage. I really don't think this will have any schedule impacts!

Most of the work is underground with the platform roof already poured. Plus Keelesdale is done ahead of schedule and will reach close to completion at the end of this year (it's suppose to look close to Rideau Station in April 2019).

It's going to be aggressive. This year is the key year of excavation. All the digging has to finish this year to be on time.

They could always prioritize the LRT rather than left turning traffic, but I really doubt it would be implemented. I wonder if a dedicated flyover for cars would be warranted in the future.
^if signal priority is not implemented, this will become the glorified version of streetcars. People should not be blamed if they complain about it.
http://www.thecrosstown.ca/sites/default/files/cts_newsletter_winter2018_web.pdf LRT's will have signal priority at the surface section.

Back