News   Apr 18, 2024
 573     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Personally, would rather have the heat directed at my cold feet than the top of my hat.
How is this different than the old radiant heaters you used to get in unheated bathrooms? They were always very high (so people didn't accidentally burn themselves).

How is this different than the old radiant heaters you used to get in unheated bathrooms? They were always very high (so people didn't accidentally burn themselves).

Once the air is heated at the ceiling, the heat will stay up near the ceiling. Having radiant floors will heat the air at the floor which will then flow up.

hydronics-illus-1024x787.jpg

From link.

Once the air is heated at the ceiling, the heat will stay up near the ceiling. Having radiant floors will heat the air at the floor which will then flow up.
Those old radiant heaters didn't seem to heat the air near the ceiling more than 6 feet below. I think you are confusing convection and radiant heating here.

Last edited:

hydronics-illus-1024x787.jpg

From link.

You are mistaking the type of radiant heat.

The heaters I posted in the image do not heat anything until the photons from it become in contact with something, in this case a human body.

It directly heats the person, versus air molecules heating someone like a radiant heated floor.

Its much more efficient in an open air environment.

Heated flooring is great for clearing snow and preventing ice, but in an open air environment they do almost nothing to heat a person.

You are mistaking the type of radiant heat.

The heaters I posted in the image do not heat anything until the photons from it become in contact with something, in this case a human body.

It directly heats the person, versus air molecules heating someone like a radiant heated floor.

Its much more efficient in an open air environment.

Heated flooring is great for clearing snow and preventing ice, but in an open air environment they do almost nothing to heat a person.
Wait, so you’re saying we shouldn’t be heating up all the air in the atmosphere when it’s -30°?

Back