News   Apr 15, 2024
 985     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 656     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Neat tour and pics, thanks! I was looking at some stuff from the Confederation Line in Ottawa and they dug a single tunnel with both directions rather than one tunnel for each. You can see it here in this video timelapse of the line:

Makes for a different feel than the single tunnels and feels similar to some of the T lines in Boston.

The stations feel similiar to the newer Skytrain stations.

So exciting to see the surface section take shape!
It is but it has me wondering about the construction timeline and why was this small area done first? To me, this is something that could have been later in the year in the spring rather than right now in the middle of winter, plus it makes more sense to me that they would have stared from laird and not som,e random spot in the middle of the above ground section.

Maybe stations still haven't been dug out. Just look at Mt Pleasant or Fairbanks. It's just a 3-5 metre pit. We'll know for sure if it'll open on time or not by fall.

Maybe stations still haven't been dug out. Just look at Mt Pleasant or Fairbanks. It's just a 3-5 metre pit. We'll know for sure if it'll open on time or not by fall.

The underground utilities have to be moved around and connected.

At Fairbank, on February 8th, they already poured the concrete for the concourse level. See link.

At Mt. Pleasant, on January 12th, they completed hydro duct bank installation. See link.

See construction updates at this link.

I predict it will open in either late 2022 or early 2023.

It is but it has me wondering about the construction timeline and why was this small area done first? To me, this is something that could have been later in the year in the spring rather than right now in the middle of winter, plus it makes more sense to me that they would have stared from laird and not som,e random spot in the middle of the above ground section.

They have to do the west end of the line first as that is where the garage as, and thus that is where the mainline testing will start.

If the garage was built in the east end, that part of the line would be far ahead and nearly completed, with the west end languishing far behind.

Dan

They have to do the west end of the line first as that is where the garage as, and thus that is where the mainline testing will start.

If the garage was built in the east end, that part of the line would be far ahead and nearly completed, with the west end languishing far behind.

Dan
I know the garage is the west end but this part where they poured concrete is in the east end as part of one of the open sections of the line which I don't get why they are pouring concrete so soon for.

Back