News   May 14, 2021
 895     2 
News   May 14, 2021
 1K     0 

Crosstown LRT | Metrolinx

toronto647

Member Bio
Reaction score
Power installation at Sloane stop. They started near Kennedy and making there way west as we speak.

IMG_0490.jpg
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg

toronto647

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Metrolinx has not released the virtual open house page for the below engagement session. Metrolinx stated "Virtual Open House pages will launch at 7 PM on the date specified; there will be no-real time audience engagement." Any insight would be appreciated.

Central - West
Cedarvale to Eglinton​
Wednesday April 21, 2021

Haydenpoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Metrolinx has not released the virtual open house page for the below engagement session. Metrolinx stated "Virtual Open House pages will launch at 7 PM on the date specified; there will be no-real time audience engagement." Any insight would be appreciated.

Central - West
Cedarvale to Eglinton​
Wednesday April 21, 2021

They forgot to update the home page but it's there.

robmausser

Member Bio
Reaction score
I take it that the tracks wont remain like that because people could trip over them if they are left like that.

People here say they will be covered with grass, but i'm not counting on it. Although I expect that when they start pouring the concrete everyones tears here could grow a rainforest, let alone some grass.

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score
^Is there an authoritative over/under on what it costs to maintain grass vs traditional ballast/concrete?

Those rails won't stay new forever.

- Paul

JSF-1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Pleasepleaseplease tell me this isn't true

View attachment 314404
This could have been avoided had Metrolinx just followed their own damn guidelines and just stuck with the already established Eglinton West name. Metrolinx really is the fruitcake of transit agencies. It's the gift that keeps on giving but nobody wants it.

As an aside if we wanted to go back the the hyphenated names why not just use the original "Eglinton-Allen" which was the proposed name back during the Eglinton West Subway era. Also why don't we just rename Eglinton Station to Eglinton-Yonge so that we can have consistency in the network.