News   Apr 25, 2024
 271     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 391     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 589     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

This is located on the southwest corner of Eglinton Avenue West and Black Creek Drive. The driveway entrance to the No Frills.

From link.

Street Lighting & Traffic Signal Installation at Keelesdale Rd & Eglinton Ave W - February 15, 2021​

feb_15_lighting.jpg

What Work is Taking Place?
As early as Monday February 15 2021, crews will be installing underground conduits crossing Eglinton Ave W at Keelesdale Rd for permanent street lighting and traffic signals. Work will take place in two phases, with three stages per phase. Each phase is expected to take approximately seven days to complete. Work will take place within regular working hours, from as early as 7:00am – 11:00pm. When crews are not working, they will install steel-plates over the area and all lanes will reopen.​
What to Expect
Crews will be installing conduits crossing Eglinton Ave W at Keelesdale Dr. Each phase will begin on the south side of Eglinton Ave W, and work their way towards the north side. One lane in each direction will always remain open. Lighting and noise from construction equipment can be expected.​
HOURS OF WORK
  • The lane shift will begin as early as February 15, 2021 and remain in place for approx. three weeks
  • Work may occur from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., five (5) days per week, Monday through Friday
  • Work may be rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances
TRAFFIC IMPACTS
  • Installations will take place in two phases, with three stages per phase
  • Phase One
Stage one will involve the closure of one eastbound lane when the work zone is on the south side of Eglinton Ave W., west of Keelesdale Rd. Southbound traffic on Keelesdale Rd will be restricted​
Stage two will involve the reopening of two eastbound lanes when the work zone is in the middle of Eglinton Ave W. Keelesdale Rd will reopen​
Stage three will involve the reopening of three eastbound lanes​
One westbound lane will be maintained through all three stages​
  • Phase Two
Stage one will involve the closure of one eastbound lane when the work zone is on the south side of Eglinton Ave W., east of Keelesdale Rd​
Stage two will involve the reopening of two eastbound lanes when the work zone is in the middle of Eglinton Ave W​
Stage three will involve the reopening of three eastbound lanes​
One westbound lane will be maintained through all three stages​
PEDESTRIAN IMPACTS
  • There will be no changes to existing pedestrian routes or TTC stops

Back before the 905 suburbs expanded, the TTC was equivalent to Translink. Vancouver has no suburbs outside the GVRD.
Yeah, fair enough and I understand the difference in scale, but that's entirely besides the point. A single agency should handle all of transit (if not straight up all of transport) in a de facto city-state like Toronto.

The jurisdictional wrangling is counterproductive.

Yeah, fair enough and I understand the difference in scale, but that's entirely besides the point. A single agency should handle all of transit (if not straight up all of transport) in a de facto city-state like Toronto.

The jurisdictional wrangling is counterproductive.
Yep. Even with fare integration, I would not be surprised if routes and operations were not well coordinated across municipal boundaries.

Yep. Even with fare integration, I would not be surprised if routes and operations were not well coordinated across municipal boundaries.

That's just local custom, don't you know!

Personally I find the various fanboy/local agency/jusrisdictional selfishness pathetic and very unbecoming of a purported world city.

It's inefficient and counterproductive to have however many different agencies working at cross-purposes half the time. It's a waste of time, money, resources, and is a good deal of the reason why our regional transit infrastructure is so piss poor relative to how good it should be.

That's just local custom, don't you know!

Personally I find the various fanboy/local agency/jusrisdictional selfishness pathetic and very unbecoming of a purported world city.

It's inefficient and counterproductive to have however many different agencies working at cross-purposes half the time. It's a waste of time, money, resources, and is a good deal of the reason why our regional transit infrastructure is so piss poor relative to how good it should be.
I find it amusing and frustrating by turns when I refer to the GTA as a city, and people I'm speaking to interject to say that no, Vaughan or Markham are their own cities. Yes, that is true in ways that don't really matter. Same with people who think Toronto the city is just the City of Toronto. City of Toronto is just a 'borough' of Toronto. The actual municipal organization is secondary to the economic and social reality that is the GTA. As proof, the province could with a stroke of the pen combine the entire GTA into one municipality. They could not with the same ease change the economic or transportation patterns.

I find it amusing and frustrating by turns when I refer to the GTA as a city, and people I'm speaking to interject to say that no, Vaughan or Markham are their own cities. Yes, that is true in ways that don't really matter. Same with people who think Toronto the city is just the City of Toronto. City of Toronto is just a 'borough' of Toronto. The actual municipal organization is secondary to the economic and social reality that is the GTA. As proof, the province could with a stroke of the pen combine the entire GTA into one municipality. They could not with the same ease change the economic or transportation patterns.

That's a very fair point, and I must confess to myself being guilty of "municipal nationalism" in some sense. But that's mostly to rib my mates who claim to be from Toronto but in reality live in Oshawa/Missisauga/etc. And this is always in the context of being well far away out of town and describing to locals where we're all from.

That's a very fair point, and I must confess to myself being guilty of "municipal nationalism" in some sense. But that's mostly to rib my mates who claim to be from Toronto but in reality live in Oshawa/Missisauga/etc. And this is always in the context of being well far away out of town and describing to locals where we're all from.
I remember as a kid when I lived in Niagara that, when we travelled in the US when we said we lived in Niagara we would get blank stared. Then you say, near Toronto. Some would get it, and some would amazingly still give you a blank stare. Usually saying across the border from Buffalo/NY state would get you there.

I remember as a kid when I lived in Niagara that, when we travelled in the US when we said we lived in Niagara we would get blank stared. Then you say, near Toronto. Some would get it, and some would amazingly still give you a blank stare. Usually saying across the border from Buffalo/NY state would get you there.
And the rest of world wonder why the Americans keep voting for the GOP-Q.

That's entirely my experience in the US. Including in Detroit. I kid you not.

Meanwhile in Europe, randos I meet at the pub get my joke about Toronto being "the biggest airport terminal in the world" as I describe it.

Back