News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 858     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

SIR YOURE GOING THE WRONG WAY!! /s

Back during August 24 to 27, the TTC ran single-track between Finch West and Sheppard West stations, after 11:30 PM. So single-track operation could be possible.

See link.

Aug24-27_FW-SW.gif

Starting 11:30 p.m. nightly from Monday, August 24 until Thursday, August 27, Line 1 Yonge - University subway trains alternate along the southbound tracks only between Finch West and Sheppard West stations, while TTC crews maintain the northbound tracks. Regular service resumes by 6 a.m. each morning.

Passengers must board northbound trains on the southbound platforms at Sheppard West, Downsview Park and Finch West stations. You may also have to wait for trains longer than usually.

Would it kill them to release the complete video, or are we gonna have to wait another week for that? 😗
Someone asked on twitter if a video was coming and the Crosstown team said that they have something to share in the next few days. I assume it's the full video or a cut-down version of the full ride.

Last edited:
I had to measure. From "MSF Junction" (does it have a name yet?) to Caledonia Station is exactly one mile.

It's certainly nice to see some of this project falling into place, anyways..

- Paul

What's a "mile" great-grandpa?
Haha I think miles were quoted as they were referring to a mainline railroad.

But let us take a moment to consider how stupid it is that we kept miles for our railways in the name of safety yadda yadda American train engineers wouldn't be able to handle the unit change etc etc.
Of course, we have hundreds of times more trucks crossing the border from the US every day, and they don't seem to have an issue switching to metric, in a much more high-stakes environment with way more traffic and so much more that could go wrong.

I believe that's the pedestrian tunnel connecting the concourse to the entrance at Weston road. Either that or it's where the tail tracks are.
Its the tunnels on the west side of the tracks that will be back fill to support the new UPX/VIA?/GO Station

Back