News   Apr 22, 2024
 785     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 265     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 669     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I have walked down both the Mall and Regent Street in London which is essentially the same as the Champs -Elysees in Paris.

There is no way that Eglinton East or West would ever be of the caliber of the Champs-Elysees.

You would need high end shops, landmark buildings etc to make this work. Eglinton Ave East and West are dumps at the best of times.

They'll demand that there be free parking, even if the LRT is available. :eek:

I have walked down both the Mall and Regent Street in London which is essentially the same as the Champs -Elysees in Paris.

There is no way that Eglinton East or West would ever be of the caliber of the Champs-Elysees.

You would need high end shops, landmark buildings etc to make this work. Eglinton Ave East and West are dumps at the best of times.
Actually Eg West is surrounded by million dollar homes, not exactly dumps but definitely not a high end commercial area.

Bloor in Yorkville is the closest we'll ever get to Champs-Elysees.

To add to that, structural steel is going up at Kennedy. Kennedy is pretty much ahead of almost all of the underground stations.

In a way I am glad. I live in the area and the whole area surrounding Kennedy Station has been a disaster for months. The speed of the station being constructed may be a result of a desire to limit the impact on the local area.

To add to that, structural steel is going up at Kennedy. Kennedy is pretty much ahead of almost all of the underground stations.

Science center is closer than Kennedy station in terms of being completed and underground. Science center has escalators and tile work being done inside of the station already. Above ground stations are being completed and the bus loop at science center

Science center is closer than Kennedy station in terms of being completed and underground. Science center has escalators and tile work being done inside of the station already. Above ground stations are being completed and the bus loop at science center
It's nice to see that they could manage cut and cover stations like this. If only the build Eg West like this, they could be done in 4-5 years instead of 10.

Though the beginning of the video was on St. Clair between Oakwood and Christie (and the thumbnail is of St. Clair at Vaughan) and the end was on Kennedy at Lawrence, it's still a very good video.
Yeah I know. I only mentioned the segment the person drove on Eglinton.

Shelters are going up at Aga Park and Museum. From The Ismaili Twitter account:
EaRcb1FWAAARSBP

Those "shelters" are a joke.
Complaining won't change anything would it. We have to accept what we have for now. I agree the shelters are lackluster but aren't frequencies on the surface supposed to be at least 5 min? Won't be waiting too long for a train to arrive. Though considering there's no signal priority, I don't know how this will affect waiting times. At least they don't have the T logo yet.

Back