News   Apr 18, 2024
 656     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.8K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Yeah without any red on it, the train doesn't really feel like its integrated into the rest of the transit network.

The surface section will have buffered bike lanes along the whole thing. It's only the tunneled central portion that the city will have to step in to complete themselves.

Seems to be some confusion around this point -- I know that Cycle Toronto is of the belief that the City hasn't yet committed to bike lanes (separated or otherwise) between the separated cycle tracks pictured above, and they are usually pretty tuned into the correct information from their work both with local councillors and City Staff, but obviously it is stated otherwise in the MX update.

(It would of course be totally insane for the City not to join the gaps, but alas...)

The surface section will have buffered bike lanes along the whole thing.
Do you have certain proof, i'm a bit skeptical because eglinton connects is unfunded and i'm doubtful of metrolinx. We know for a fact that metrolinx is building cycle tracks around the station area, but did they say anything about the stops east of Don Mills.

Do you have certain proof, i'm a bit skeptical because eglinton connects is unfunded and i'm doubtful of metrolinx. We know for a fact that metrolinx is building cycle tracks around the station area, but did they say anything about the stops east of Don Mills.

Eglinton is being widened and completely rebuild where the LRT runs on the surface. It will include bike lanes. From Cycle Toronto:

1584656452326.png

You will also see bike lanes in any of the renderings of the surface section. For example:

1584656632004.png

Back