News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 511     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I'm happy Metrolinx has managed to deliver relatively decent looking stations on a limited budget. Can't really speak on the interior design, but externally, these are some of the more attractive stations in the city.

My only concern with them is how much maintenance these external structures might require. The roof especially will need to be cleaned on a regular basis, lest it become grimy like Yorkdale and Glencairn stations. Also I hope these are sufficiently waterproof, and the metal supports sufficiently rustproof.

I'm happy Metrolinx has managed to deliver relatively decent looking stations on a limited budget. Can't really speak on the interior design, but externally, these are some of the more attractive stations in the city.

My only concern with them is how much maintenance these external structures might require. The roof especially will need to be cleaned on a regular basis, lest it become grimy like Yorkdale and Glencairn stations. Also I hope these are sufficiently waterproof, and the metal supports sufficiently rustproof.
If only we can say the same thing about the surface section.

Personally, I'd prefer if the exterior looked mediocre or poor while the interior looked really good. I'll take Line 2 bathroom tiles over barren concrete walls on both the platform side and the track side.

Keep in mind that the Elizabeth Line is 5 times longer but doesn't cost 5 times more. But I'm getting off topic, not sure if this has been posted already but looks like an additional $40 million contract was signed for signalling and parts. Surprised these items like signalling aren't laid out in initial contracts https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gt...pay-bombardier-40m-more-for-lrt-vehicles.html
The tunnels are only twice the length. They are the biggest cost as well.

Once again Metrolinx demonstrate that it can't write RFP correctly or understand what is needed for rolling stock or anything else. Any system ordering LRV's have requested spare parts to be included or as an option along with other ides that are needed for the vehicles, including an signalling system in the car. TTC included spare parts as part of the main bid package at tender time and that increased the cost of each vehicle.

Caledonia station is another example of Metrolinx Right Hand not knowing what the Left Hand has doing to the point there is no knockout panel for the Barrie GO train Station nor will be one. Riders will have to use the walkway bridge to get to/from Crosstown Line or GO. On the other hand, there will be a knockout panel mid station for the plaza redevelopment if a tower is built next to the station. The developer will be responsible for building the tunnel and station entrance based on the designs they will be given by Metrolinx.

The westbound lanes east of Keele St to the west side is about to be pave as the paving equipment is there and concrete road pour. Once paving is done, traffic will be shifted to the westbound lanes to allow the eastbound lanes to be rebuilt.

Grass is still been call for where it supposed to be in the east guideway.

Metrolinx will know mid to late April if they will have an Open Door Event at the end of May based on where the construction is at that time.

Photos will be up in the next few days of what I shot from Caledonia to Weston Rd.

And the Rob line to Etobicoke!
Don't forget the Mike Harris line to Mount Dennis!
Once again Metrolinx demonstrate that it can't write RFP correctly or understand what is needed for rolling stock or anything else. Any system ordering LRV's have requested spare parts to be included or as an option along with other ides that are needed for the vehicles, including an signalling system in the car. TTC included spare parts as part of the main bid package at tender time and that increased the cost of each vehicle.

Caledonia station is another example of Metrolinx Right Hand not knowing what the Left Hand has doing to the point there is no knockout panel for the Barrie GO train Station nor will be one. Riders will have to use the walkway bridge to get to/from Crosstown Line or GO. On the other hand, there will be a knockout panel mid station for the plaza redevelopment if a tower is built next to the station. The developer will be responsible for building the tunnel and station entrance based on the designs they will be given by Metrolinx.

The westbound lanes east of Keele St to the west side is about to be pave as the paving equipment is there and concrete road pour. Once paving is done, traffic will be shifted to the westbound lanes to allow the eastbound lanes to be rebuilt.

Grass is still been call for where it supposed to be in the east guideway.

Metrolinx will know mid to late April if they will have an Open Door Event at the end of May based on where the construction is at that time.

Photos will be up in the next few days of what I shot from Caledonia to Weston Rd.
Not just where the construction is at that time, COVID-19 could also cancel Doors Open whether the construction at Mount Dennis is complete or not.

Don't forget the Mike Harris line to Mount Dennis!

Not just where the construction is at that time, COVID-19 could also cancel Doors Open whether the construction at Mount Dennis is complete or not.
Time well tell us if it happen and I am not running to be behind close doors. Stop off at No Frills on Black Creek twice and a major zoo with people stock piling and I walk away to do shopping another day. Other than Milk and bread, have 30 days of food on hand and 2 years of toilet paper I bought when its on sell.

Back