News   Jul 10, 2020
 238     0 
News   Jul 10, 2020
 485     1 

Crosstown LRT | Metrolinx

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was surprised to see that as well this weekend. I am just glad the work is getting done. Kennedy and Eglinton is busy at the best of times.
Despite that, it doesn't stop the fact the line will inevitably get delayed thanks to the central section. I'd be very surprised if the line opened on time.

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
Isn't it really strange they are placing rubber pads bolted onto concrete blocks on surface tracks? It seems pretty clear that they aren't going to pour concrete on top.

Looks like a possible green track installation or even just leave it as-is so cars don't drive on it into the tunnel.

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Isn't it really strange they are placing rubber pads bolted onto concrete blocks on surface tracks? It seems pretty clear that they aren't going to pour concrete on top.
The construction method that they are using on the surface sections is very similar to RETRAC as used on the legacy network in a lot of regards, but there are also some clear differences.

But one thing that they are doing that is the same as RETRAC is encapsulating the rail in rubber wherever it is being surrounded by concrete to provide for insulation and dampening. The section between Victoria Park and Pharmacy is like this, and I believe is earmarked to be one of the green ROW sections.

Looks like a possible green track installation or even just leave it as-is so cars don't drive on it into the tunnel.
Most of the alignment will keep the rail fully exposed to allow for easy replacement of the rail and fasteners when the time comes. It also greatly simplifies the installation and maintenance of switches and specialwork.

Dan

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score

Based on what I see at Leslie, the guideway will not be level with the road everywhere Along the surface portion. Elsewhere there is a curb about double the height of a sidewalk. I doubt anyone without a Hummer is going to drive on it.

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score

It teases the completion of Mount Dennis station. Would be nice to visit it for Doors Open.
I agree totally and that is a positive thought for a Saturday.

But my inner asshole wants to say “I don’t want to visit it, I want it to be open so I can ride it.” I can’t wait for this stuff to be done. Argh.

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
Metrolinx has finally admitted that the opening of this line is now delayed well into 2022.