News   Apr 24, 2024
 52     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 359     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 449     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

^Not to mention the Eglinton West LRT too. Because somehow the Libs are fully complicit in that delay as well.

In case of Eglinton West LRT, the delay is actually 100% on the Libs. It wasn't even a separate project originally, just a proper section of Eglinton Crosstown, which got scaled back when McGuinty was the Liberal Premier.

^Meh I blame it more on Tory who put his hands up and offered to take Eglinton West off of Metrolinx's hands. Had he not done that, it still would have been on the province's books albeit just deferred indefinitely.

For the millionth time, Yonge and Cedarvale are VERY far behind.

yeah yeah yeah, you see progress but dwell on the things that you don't see. Underpinning for Yonge started in the summer time and they said it'll take about 6months to complete. I expect another big update on those two sites coming soon.

Not to mention all other stations that isn't Mount Dennis, Keelesdale and Caledonia.

Several stations other than those you mentioned will be at 90 percent complete by the end of next year like Kennedy and Science center. A lot of the mined stations will see significant completion

Hm, I also recall that a year or two ago a lot of the planned summer Line 1 shutdowns to accommodate ECLRT construction were suddenly canceled. I wonder if that was at all related to them deciding to push back the underpinning work.

Those delays - summer of 2018, if I recall correctly - were due to TTC's scheduling and a then-ongoing labour dispute between drivers and the Commission. They managed to get cleared up with the TTC and Metrolinx sat down and worked out a new schedule of closures that would allow the TTC to schedule the drivers into regular work pieces, rather than overtime. To the best of my knowledge, they've managed to account for every cancelled closure by now.

Several stations other than those you mentioned will be at 90 percent complete by the end of next year like Kennedy and Science center. A lot of the mined stations will see significant completion

I wish I could be as optimistic about this as you are. From what I've seen of the progress at a number of the central and eastern stations, I doubt that they will be anywhere near that level of completion in one calendar year.

Dan

^Meh I blame it more on Tory who put his hands up and offered to take Eglinton West off of Metrolinx's hands. Had he not done that, it still would have been on the province's books albeit just deferred indefinitely.

Well its back on the provincial books anyways now so its a moot point.

I wish I could be as optimistic about this as you are. From what I've seen of the progress at a number of the central and eastern stations, I doubt that they will be anywhere near that level of completion in one calendar year.

There are places west of Yonge where the visible construction activity this week involved loading dump trucks with freshly excavated material. If they are still digging in spots, we are some time away from closing up those holes.
Things are coming along, to be sure, especially east of Brentcliffe where there is a huge amount of concrete being poured as we speak. It's actually beginning to look like a continuous surface LRT out that way!
But clearly there are "weak links" in the overall completion.

- Paul

RFP-2019-PMUN-124Supply,Delivery,Install,Commissioning-PRESTO Machines,Hosting

This Request for Proposal is to solicit the provision of Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of PRESTO Single Ride Vending Machines and Hosting Services through an open, fair and competitive process.

The Eglinton Crosstown project will provide a new mid-town Light Rail Transit (LRT) link for the city of Toronto and is scheduled to open in September 2021. PRESTO has a need to procure Single Ride Vending Machine (SRVM) to support the upcoming Eglinton Crosstown LRT line. The line includes 25 stops, of which 10 are at grade and 15 are underground. The line will support a Proof of Payment (POP) system with all sales and validation equipment residing off-board the vehicles. Eglinton Crosstown is scheduled to pilot in June, 2021 and go live to the public in September, 2021.

The requirements for the Supply, Delivery, Installation, and Commissioning of PRESTO Single Ride Vending Machines and Hosting Services more particularly described in Appendix “B” -Scope of Services of this RFP.

The provision of the Services is for five (5) years and with an additional two (2) periods of extension options of two (2) years at Metrolinx’s sole discretion. Metrolinx intends to award the Contract to one Vendor.

RFP-2019-PMUN-124Supply,Delivery,Install,Commissioning-PRESTO Machines,Hosting

This Request for Proposal is to solicit the provision of Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of PRESTO Single Ride Vending Machines and Hosting Services through an open, fair and competitive process.

The Eglinton Crosstown project will provide a new mid-town Light Rail Transit (LRT) link for the city of Toronto and is scheduled to open in September 2021. PRESTO has a need to procure Single Ride Vending Machine (SRVM) to support the upcoming Eglinton Crosstown LRT line. The line includes 25 stops, of which 10 are at grade and 15 are underground. The line will support a Proof of Payment (POP) system with all sales and validation equipment residing off-board the vehicles. Eglinton Crosstown is scheduled to pilot in June, 2021 and go live to the public in September, 2021.

The requirements for the Supply, Delivery, Installation, and Commissioning of PRESTO Single Ride Vending Machines and Hosting Services more particularly described in Appendix “B” -Scope of Services of this RFP.

The provision of the Services is for five (5) years and with an additional two (2) periods of extension options of two (2) years at Metrolinx’s sole discretion. Metrolinx intends to award the Contract to one Vendor.
Let's hope they actually make a bigger bin that will hold change for more than a week and not be easily prone to thief.

I wonder what amazing miracle ML will pull to expect the line to open in 2021.

From blogTO, I know, but the seating arrangement still sucks:

Might be the one time I agree with the yuppies and millennials at BlogTO, but for sure! The seating arrangement on the Flexities is not good! I know it's because the equipment below the seats but like, the anti-social in you will hate it...

Might be the one time I agree with the yuppies and millennials at BlogTO, but for sure! The seating arrangement on the Flexities is not good! I know it's because the equipment below the seats but like, the anti-social in you will hate it...
They could sacrifice 6 seats on the entire LRV and rearrange them in a way where there are 3 inward-facing seats.
w-artic test bus 9001.jpg

Similar to an artic, but with 3 seats instead of 2.

Back