News   Apr 24, 2024
 961     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 623     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Laird station is fully excevated being the first mined station to be dig out. From here on out they will be building up and out the station

It seems like they're building sloane already. ?

Don Mills is now back to normal width both North and Southbound through Eglinton. Traffic has been a breeze this week with the change.

Hi everyone. I don't post often here as i prefer to read most posts. I enjoy people views on roads and construction projects.

Today I felt the need to post something that happened to me on this construction project.
Once or twice a month I visit Toronto with my family to see my wifes parents. I normally take eglinton in from mississauga to weston rd and go south to little Italy.

My curiosity on the LRT construction had made me change my mind and I continued along eglinton up the hill just past black creek drive.

My drive up the hill turned to horror when I found myself staring at Oncoming traffic! I ended up in the leftlane!

I had no indication where the road split. The amount of dust on the road totally covered the center medium.
I pulled over as soon as I could. I was in shock as was my family.

I was very upset. I cant believe this happened.

For anyone that drives threw that area BE CAREFUL!

Hi everyone. I don't post often here as i prefer to read most posts. I enjoy people views on roads and construction projects.

Today I felt the need to post something that happened to me on this construction project.
Once or twice a month I visit Toronto with my family to see my wifes parents. I normally take eglinton in from mississauga to weston rd and go south to little Italy.

My curiosity on the LRT construction had made me change my mind and I continued along eglinton up the hill just past black creek drive.

My drive up the hill turned to horror when I found myself staring at Oncoming traffic! I ended up in the leftlane!

I had no indication where the road split. The amount of dust on the road totally covered the center medium.

Once past Black Creek up the hill where the west portal is located, it's been single lane for years. There is no left lane! Staying to the right is key as the lane is narrow.

Welcome to Toronto!

Using paint or signs is expensive, and is low priority.

Can't really blame the lane markings (from here):
Look closely, and you'll notice the chaos with the left turning traffic is caused entirely by the fact that the dotted lines on the westbound to southbound turn are not visible to drivers making that turn which means they go deep into the intersection and then the eastbound to northbound drivers are having to avoid by passing on the wrong side.

I dunno. I drive on Eglinton daily despite the chaos because I live on Eglinton and my wife works north of Eglinton while I work south. Everything moves so slow it's hard for you to mess up where you are suppose to be. From my observation there are always a few yahoos that are either shocked there is construction or still think somehow they should be able to weave in and out of traffic. The shocked people can be just as dangerous as the latter since they are so impatient they are trying to make the process faster than it can be.

Look closely, and you'll notice the chaos with the left turning traffic is caused entirely by the fact that the dotted lines on the westbound to southbound turn are not visible to drivers making that turn which means they go deep into the intersection and then the eastbound to northbound drivers are having to avoid by passing on the wrong side.

Don't know why they don't use a flat black paint to cover over the old pavement marking, and orange paint for the temporary markings.

Back