News   Mar 28, 2024
 91     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 228     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

That maybe how platform maps for all lines will look like from now on, with the accessible and toilet symbols outside the line bar and replace the circles arrows and a square at the terminal station.

That maybe how platform maps for all lines will look like from now on, with the accessible and toilet symbols outside the line bar and replace the circles arrows and a square at the terminal station.

Speaking of that, I dont see bathroom symbols at Mount Dennis.

I thought the rule was that terminus stations get bathrooms.

No offense but I really hate the way the surface stops are designed! Half of it isn't fully covered. At least ION has fully cover sections. The surface stops look more like 510 Spadina streetcar stops
Isn't that because ION will be operating with single cars on opening with the platforms (but not shelters yet) built for 2 cars? On the other hand, Eglinton will be operating with 2 cars with platforms and shelters built for 3? So they basically cheapened out on the shelters to cover specific sections of the 3-car platform while Waterloo built a complete shelter for 1 car. I'm not saying that this is acceptable, just that this may be the reasoning for it.

Isn't that because ION will be operating with single cars on opening with the platforms (but not shelters yet) built for 2 cars? On the other hand, Eglinton will be operating with 2 cars with platforms and shelters built for 3? So they basically cheapened out on the shelters to cover specific sections of the 3-car platform while Waterloo built a complete shelter for 1 car. I'm not saying that this is acceptable, just that this may be the reasoning for it.
The shelters look a lot smaller than the length of the vehicles.

No offense but I really hate the way the surface stops are designed! Half of it isn't fully covered. At least ION has fully cover sections. The surface stops look more like 510 Spadina streetcar stops
It would been nice if they have a heated shelter at every station. Being half cover has it's advantage. They are designed to make the stations more open without blocking the line of sight. It allows drivers to see oncoming vehicles easier and avoid any hidden spots on the platform where crimes easily occur.

In comparison to other systems like GO Trains and other LRT systems across the continent, it's standard they don't cover the entire platform. Look at Calgary, once outside the core, those stations look like GO train platforms with a few bus shelters. I'm not saying that's good but this is typical.

Honestly all I want are inductive heaters for the surface stops. They do wonders in other transit systems.

^More roof area may matter in bad weather. If everyone huddles under the wee bits of shelter, when a trainset arrives, there will be crowding at a few doors and no one boarding at others, The result will be longer dwell time.
The roof should be long enough that people aren’t bunched on the platform.

- Paul

Back