News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 693     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

So what stations to what stations currently have track work done ?

Very few. Tracks are installed at Mount Dennis Station - that can be seen from the road alongside - but it hasn't been tied in to the mainline tracks to the east. Keelesdale, Caledonia and Fairbank should all be fairly far along structurally, and may have rails installed through them. But there's been no photo evidence of this, so I couldn't say if they have actually been installed yet.

Oakwood is still a muddy cavern, and so it will be some time before it will be ready for rails to be installed.

Dan

Random thought that had popped into my head that I was wondering. Will the Crosstown have the doors open automatically at stations like the subway, or will it be button operated like Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa?

I know people weren't thrilled in Toronto when they tried it on the new streetcars, but it's normal elsewhere.

Random thought that had popped into my head that I was wondering. Will the Crosstown have the doors open automatically at stations like the subway, or will it be button operated like Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa?

I know people weren't thrilled in Toronto when they tried it on the new streetcars, but it's normal elsewhere.

The LRT reports from what feels like .... oh wait it is over 10 years ago... stated that the stops would operate like subway stops. The LRTs will stop even if not requested to and all doors will open.

The LRT reports from what feels like .... oh wait it is over 10 years ago... stated that the stops would operate like subway stops. The LRTs will stop even if not requested to and all doors will open.

That's why we need to have a look on the inside of the new Flexity Freedom cars, to see if they will have the "stop request" cords and/or buttons. If so, then they could bypass the surface stops if there is no one at the platforms or no one pressed a "stop request".

That's why we need to have a look on the inside of the new Flexity Freedom cars, to see if they will have the "stop request" cords and/or buttons. If so, then they could bypass the surface stops if there is no one at the platforms or no one pressed a "stop request".

The surface stops should operate like streetcar stops in my opinion, and underground stops like the subway

The first train delivered has "stop request" buttons, as seen in the CBC video of them testing at Millhaven.

Actually so do the ION trains come to think of it in videos I've seen. Whether they actually do anything remains to be seen, but it looks like they gave themselves some flexibility if they want.

Does that mean the crosstown will have the deepest station in Canada? Montreal's Charlevoix is 29m, Ottawa's Rideau is 26m, Burrard in Vancouver is 25m and Edmonton's University is 23m

Does that mean the crosstown will have the deepest station in Canada? Montreal's Charlevoix is 29m, Ottawa's Rideau is 26m, Burrard in Vancouver is 25m and Edmonton's University is 23m

If it does have the deepest station in Canada, it won’t be for long. Montreal’s Édouard-Montpetit REM station, which is under construction, will be 70m deep.

Back