News   Jan 28, 2021
 534     1 
News   Jan 27, 2021
 557     1 

Crosstown LRT | Metrolinx

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
So exciting to see the surface section take shape!
It is but it has me wondering about the construction timeline and why was this small area done first? To me, this is something that could have been later in the year in the spring rather than right now in the middle of winter, plus it makes more sense to me that they would have stared from laird and not som,e random spot in the middle of the above ground section.

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe stations still haven't been dug out. Just look at Mt Pleasant or Fairbanks. It's just a 3-5 metre pit. We'll know for sure if it'll open on time or not by fall.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe stations still haven't been dug out. Just look at Mt Pleasant or Fairbanks. It's just a 3-5 metre pit. We'll know for sure if it'll open on time or not by fall.

The underground utilities have to be moved around and connected.

At Fairbank, on February 8th, they already poured the concrete for the concourse level. See link.

At Mt. Pleasant, on January 12th, they completed hydro duct bank installation. See link.

See construction updates at this link.

lead82

Member Bio
Reaction score
I predict it will open in either late 2022 or early 2023.

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
It is but it has me wondering about the construction timeline and why was this small area done first? To me, this is something that could have been later in the year in the spring rather than right now in the middle of winter, plus it makes more sense to me that they would have stared from laird and not som,e random spot in the middle of the above ground section.

They have to do the west end of the line first as that is where the garage as, and thus that is where the mainline testing will start.

If the garage was built in the east end, that part of the line would be far ahead and nearly completed, with the west end languishing far behind.

Dan

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
They have to do the west end of the line first as that is where the garage as, and thus that is where the mainline testing will start.

If the garage was built in the east end, that part of the line would be far ahead and nearly completed, with the west end languishing far behind.

Dan
I know the garage is the west end but this part where they poured concrete is in the east end as part of one of the open sections of the line which I don't get why they are pouring concrete so soon for.

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know the garage is the west end but this part where they poured concrete is in the east end as part of one of the open sections of the line which I don't get why they are pouring concrete so soon for.

They have two and a half years to finish this thing. The at-grade portion of the line is about 9km. You expect them to pour all of that in the course of a weekend in a year's time?!? It's going to take them time to get everything ready, and they've got to start somewhere.

Dan