News   Apr 24, 2024
 917     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 610     0 

Coxwell CNR bridge

Looks like construction has been postponed as my 22 didn’t divert northbound today. There’s also a notice on the TTC website about it postponed till further notice.
Yeah, I asked the city, as it can effect my commute too (if it diverts, then I don't get off at Upper Gerrard!) They didn't get the permit they need yet from Metrolinx to do the work. They'll mail around another flier to residents a couple of weeks before they plan to start work.

So it's the government's fault ... :)

New notice came in the mail today. Construction is expected to start on June 10th and will take five and a half months to complete with a expected end date of November 25th.

New notice came in the mail today. Construction is expected to start on June 10th and will take five and a half months to complete with a expected end date of November 25th.
I'll have to stop calling the Nextbus apps's prediction of the 22 arriving soon at Woodbine and Gerrard fake news! :)

(FYI - there's a long-tern northbound 22 detour coming soon).

Ridiculous that either TTC didn’t ask in good time or Metrolinx dawdled over deciding on it - presumably driver rosters and bus availability were drawn up based on the diversion going ahead, not to mention scheduling the bridge crews themselves.

Ridiculous that either TTC didn’t ask in good time or Metrolinx dawdled over deciding on it - presumably driver rosters and bus availability were drawn up based on the diversion going ahead, not to mention scheduling the bridge crews themselves.

A 'lil birdie told me that for a project the City has been pursuing (not this one) for several years, they can't even get Metrolinx to return phone calls, and they require permission there too (project has been publicly promised, and design is done).

There is mumbling about bumping the matter to the political level.

This isn't the first time.

Metrolnix is considered a serious stumbling block by multiple city officials.

Last edited:

Back