News   Mar 28, 2024
 645     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 454     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 778     0 

Courtyards of Upper Forest Hill, The (Bathurst @ Briar Hill, SLM Prop. Invstmnts, 5s) COMPLETE

Greis

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just got a mailer today for a new development called "the Courtyards of Upper Forest Hill." The brochure provides no details other than "From 900 Sq. Ft, Starting at $224,900." The website: www.courtyardsofforesthill.com also provide no information.

Question: Where exactly is "upper" forest hill? Avenue at Eglinton, Lawrence, 401?:confused:

While the Upper Village usually refers to Eglinton between Bathurst and the Eglinton West Station (of which the north side is part of Forest Hill and the name of the BIA for that stretch of Eglinton), it's difficult to know as these neighbourhood names are often used very liberally.

According to real estate agents, the Bloor-Danforth subway traverses, from east to west:

"High" Beach, Riverdale, Rosedale, Yorkville, the Annex, High Park, Bloor West Village, the Kingsway.

IIRC, Bloor and Dufferin is still in "the Annex", but Symington Ave. is most definitely "High Park".

Usually, boundaries of old villages and municipalities are the best way to determine these issues.

To me Upper Forest Hill would mean that it would be somewhere North of Eglinton and south of Briar Hill Avenue.

ForestHillV.gif

Jarrek i think you might be right on that one. I just noticed a large billboard outside a pair of apartment building on Bathurst in between St Clements and briar hill advertising for "the courtyards of foresthill" so im assuming this is the site. In which case it just falls into "upper forest hill". The developer doesn't seem to give any details as to what will be built.

Hey Guys...if you read the flyer, i doesnt say anywhere that it is a condominium (it says: like a luxury condo only much large and something you can actually afford)...in fact this is a co-ownership development (i found the information on the baker group website as shown below)...i have a feeling that this is either one of the apartments between eglinton and glencairn on bathrust or one of the old apratments in rosebury square....i knew it was too good to be true when i read it...and as many of you should know...to answer the question, i would consider bathurst between the aforementioned locations as upper forest hill village but not rosebury (well...i guess on the outskirts)...STAY AWAY FROM CO-OWNERSHIP OR CO-OPS:

The Courtyards

$4.0 million joint venture financing to acquire a former rental apartment building and sell remaining units on a co-ownership basis in Toronto, Ontario Website

oh yeah...as you can see...there is no actual construction...just selling off of the remaining units and i assume selling/converting others as current tenants move out...they may apply for condominium conversion but my understanding is that the city is not currently on board with converting former apartments to condos as it minimizes affordable (so called) housing...hope this helps.

Ooo i see, so this is just condo conversion of an old apartment ... like One Benvenuto

Well, at least the building looks decent, not like most other Apartment buildings. Can't wait till Tower Renewal kicks in.

Back