News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Cost of Integrated Appliances

gentlepuppies

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if it's worth it on say a $400K/700sf condo, but I'm curious what the premium is for something like in the below pic, vs mid-range stainless steel appliances, vs the basic black appliances on older condos.
The-Independent-at-Main-Interior-4-Mike-Stewart-Vancouver-New-Condos-682x480.jpg

Integrated appliances look great, but I think it's pointless in most of the condos built in Toronto.
The quality of the workmanship and materials don't match up with the look of integrated appliances.

I'd rather see better workmanship and better materials (solid doors, wood cupboards, etc.) before integrated appliances.
There's no point if everything else falls apart within a year or two.

Depends on the band but integrated oven, stove, fridge, dishwasher can easily run you over 10K

$10K extra you mean? A single integrated fridge by Bosch/Miele seems to be in the $10k range already... maybe lower prices are available through dealers? I have no idea how much a "typical" condo kitchen costs in comparison. If it's $10K, I wouldn't mind spending twice that for integrated appliances and better millwork, but maybe not $40K.

Also what are some brands that look as slick as Miele, but are relatively cheaper? I'm more for form over function since I don't cook that much, and mostly just want a kitchen that looks good as part of an open concept layout.

Cost of the appliances depends on the product as there are a variety of products under a single roof and it may vary in their quality. I had bought all my electrical appliances for my kitchen from http://www.bestbrandappliance.ca/ who could provide me with the apt quality products and their rates were somewhat reasonable. Trust me, they even gave me some sort of discounts as I had bought a complete package of appliances for my kitchen.

One strong warning I have for built-in ovens is to NEVER use the auto clean function, especially those ovens that exhaust from the front (as opposed to built-ins that are vented through rear ducts, or through an oven-top on a non-built-in). The auto-clean function raises the temperature too high, to the point where the electronic panel at the front of the oven is destroyed by the hot air exhausted from the front.

Last edited:
You can get better prices by buying new ones with scratchs or dents. Some people are so picky that they return or exchange anything that is not perfect. Especially if the scratch or dent would be hidden away, out of sight.

Back