2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 653     0 

Consulates and Diplomatic Missions in Toronto

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Here is a thread to discuss consulates and diplomatic missions in Toronto.

Many countries' consulates in Toronto are located in either office buildings or converted houses. The American consulate on University Avenue is one of the few purpose-built consulates in Toronto.

What is your favourite consulate based on architectural design?

Pakistani consulate. Not. Seriously, take a look at where it is and the building it is located within. I feel bad for any poor pakistani's who have to visit it, especially if they are doing so by transit. I don't think there is even a sidewalk from the bus stop to it.

Pakistani consulate. Not. Seriously, take a look at where it is and the building it is located within. I feel bad for any poor pakistani's who have to visit it, especially if they are doing so by transit. I don't think there is even a sidewalk from the bus stop to it.
It's in a suburban plaza with a five-story office building in Vaughan! At the intersection of Keele and Highway 7! Fortunately, it is accessible via VIVA.

By the way, here is a list of consulates in Ontario, excluding embassies or high commissions: https://www.ontario.ca/page/consular-offices

Some of the consulates are in the middle of residential suburban neighbourhoods, such as the consulate for the Seychelles, which is easily disguised as for residential use.

The Indonesian consulate at Jarvis and Richmond is a beaut!

The Japanese Consul has a nice house in Forest Hill, around BSS. You can spot it by the gilded chrysanthemum over the door.

Back