888     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Conservatory Group to be broken up!

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
In an article in today's Star it is revealed that due to feuding among the 4 sons who inherited to their Dad's business............a judge has ordered the company liquidated with the proceeds going to the sons.

Its paywalled, but Outline works.

Excerpt:

1625833849328.png

The judge was fairly scathing in relation to the testimony given by the sons:

“THE LIBFELD BROTHERS ARE NOT CREDIBLE OR RELIABLE WITNESSES.”

Also from the judgement (but in the article)

1625833952254.png

I can hardly fathom running such a large and complex business in this way....

Worth a read!

A major player is about to disappear and/or radically change.

New article by Toronto Life:

This quote jumps out from the article:

1645220863487.png

I feel so bad for him. Only $125 million and $240,000 per year! His luck must have run out!
$240,000 goes quicker than you think. After income taxes, property taxes and mortgages on your house and your cottage, maxing out your RRSP, maxing out your TFSA, private school tuition for the kids, live in nanny for the baby, lease on two brand new BMWs, four seats of season tickets to Leafs games, landscapers and groundskeepers for your houses, country club membership, two week family summer vacation to Europe per year, two week family winter vacation to the Caribbean per year, Rogers All of Everything Max Speed Ultra Unlimited Cable Wireless Internet package, maxing out political donations, buying the 16 year-old a porsche for his birthday, and buying a mountain of coke for a "boys weekend" up at the cottage, there's only a few thousand left to feed your family, and you know how much the markup is on bottles of champagne at restaurants!

Seriously though, that was a great story. It will be interesting to see what they do with the eventual proceeds of the sale. I doubt they can resist not going back into the business again here.

Last edited:

Back