News   Apr 25, 2024
 264     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 389     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 583     0 

Condos That Allow Large Pets (85lb Dog)

I have 1 dog and 2 cats and they seem very happy within a 2 bedroom condo. We have a pet salon as part of our facilities lol. Can just drop off and pick up if I needed to.

I'm in the Tango building. It's part of the Concord Park Place facilities... All members of park place can access it, so the townhomes and Discovery buildings too.

Lol rich area? So I'm rich? I wish... it's really not that expensive. Condo prices r pretty reasonable compared to other condo developments around the area. Some Tridel buildings r just ridiculous.

There are many levels of law regarding pets in condos. If you are an owner, you can be restricted by the by-laws of the condo corporation and that is legal and binding (tested by Supreme Court recently). If you are a tenant in a condo building which has a by-law stating no pets and you were made aware of this upon your application for tenancy, this trumps the rules of tenancy which allow you to have pets unless a noise or health issue. This no-pet rule can be enforced. In other rental buildings, they cannot enforce a no-pet rule.

Our building is extremely pet friendly, the Board loves dogs and we know that the two-pet max and size rule in the declaration is broken all the time. I would say that about 1/8 units have dogs. It's a community within a community.

While most dogs are under 35 pounds, we have a few big bruisers. One is dog-aggressive but the owners are very responsible and avoid the elevators.

Some people have two cats and a dog -- and who cares? As long as they don't bug anybody and nobody turns into a hoarding cat lady, there won't be an issue.

Troublesome dogs -- barking when people come to the door or who have separation anxiety -- are tolerated, within reason. It's as if everybody had a dog at one point and gets it. In fact, they are happy to have dogs around that they can interact with without any of the responsibility.

The dog owners know which people and dog to avoid. Any dog that proves to be a problem with people or pets must be muzzled at all times on/in the common elements.

I suppose that if somebody wants to get churlish about the declaration there will be a problem but we always find a way to work things out.

ETA: Unfortunately for Oololo the original poster we are way south of your boundaries.

Found a place north east of yonge and 401. (Harrison Garden Blvd.). There are several condos along that street that don't have pet size restrictions.

Depends on which buildings. 28 and 30 Harrison Garden do have pet restrictions.

So concord park place and the condos by yonge and sheppard (harrison garden) mostly don't have pet restrictions?
Is it just size that you guys are talking about? What about having .. 4 cats?

So concord park place and the condos by yonge and sheppard (harrison garden) mostly don't have pet restrictions?
Is it just size that you guys are talking about? What about having .. 4 cats?

You should be ok with 4 cats, as long as they are not creating issues for your neighbours.

Also, as far as pets - I have seen large dogs at Concord Park Place ... everything from Chow Chow's to Golden Retrievers and even a very large Afghan dog.

Back