News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 430     0 

Condos and Political Canvassing

Roy G Biv

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anybody know what prevents a political party from canvassing in a condo lobby?

We often have Bell or Rogers kiosks set up in the lobby, so I don't see why a political party or candidate could not do the same...

They would need permission from the board and/or property management, which bell or rogers would have.

I've had door-to-door canvassers ... not so far this election, but in past ones.

They would need permission from the board and/or property management, which bell or rogers would have.

Actually, the elections act allows individuals to canvass for the purposes of political elections. They do not need 'permission' from the board nor the property manager, barring them is actually illegal and can get the board/condo/management fined. Licensed security can lose their license.

From past experiences, condo canvassing is not very effective as residents don't usually get home until 8-9 ish... and prime canvassing time is usually between 5 to 8

Last edited:
Just like charities could call you eventhough you are on a no-call list.

There was a Liberal candidate (forgot her name) who canvassed my building with her crew at least three times.
I bumped into her in the lobby and she came to my door twice -- though she was very nice to talk to and I admire her energy and dedication, I thought it was a little obsessive.

There was one canvasser for the Green Party who had the nerve to dump a small stack of flyers in the elevator lobby of my floor leaving a mess. That's one way of not getting votes.

Last edited:

Back