175     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 359     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 414     0 

CLRV Seating (I heart streetcar 4064)

A

astObs

I like how it has 2--1 seat arrangement in the back as well. It's great because people actually move to the back instead of crowding around exits. What other streetcars have this arrangement? I've had the pleasure of riding it two times this week, and I saw it pass by on my return trip today while seated in streetcar 4006 (One of the first CLRVs, built in Switzerland, red plastic seat backing instead of metal).

I believe the Swiss cars numbered 4000-4005 (6 units). The rest of the fleet of CLRVs begins at 4010. 4006-4009 were never built.

I prefer this configuration, too. I agree that there's a tendency to stop moving back past the rear doors when the config is 2+2 in the back. Who wants to jam themselves in when holding groceries? But if it's 2+1, there's enough room to move back. Much more efficient.

I've read that after the refurb, all the cars will have this set-up.

Yeah, I've been in a couple cars on the 506 route that have been converted to this arrangement. It's nice.

^

So I need to sign into Yahoo AND join a group to see them?

^
I just signed up. Lot's of good stuff there. If you don't want to sign up:

www.flurl.com/item/Street...g_u_98776/

fiendish: Hmm, must have been 4004 then. I'm not sure anymore. I used 4064 as an aid to remember 400x. Stupid stupid... I'm sure that it was one of the first ones though.

drum: Would you know what other streetcars same config as 4064? CLRVs would be upgraded only if we don't buy new streetcars, right?

Also, how are streetcars assigned to routes?
Last week, on College line, I was on 4064 two times and saw it pass once. Today, my ride was a 4065. What are the chances of that?

CLRV seating modifications - status?

A year or two ago, the TTC modified a few CLRV streetcars by removing the seats in the back, effectively extending the single seats on the left side and double seats on the right side to the back of the car. The idea was to decrease congestion by increasing standing room and by making it more attractive for riders to move towards the rear of the car.

Did they abandon the plan to modify more?

Back