1.1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 535     0 

CityPlace, Element and Marriott Residence Inn

E

Ed007Toronto

City Place rising fast. Cladding looks to be similar to that of HVE.

IMG_2277.jpg

Element. Really digging the cladding on this one. Also like the street wall and the high ceilings for retail. This could be a winner.

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

Which one is this? I think the Marriott is next door. Let the faux debate start.

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

ed ,that is the rental building next to marriot.i noticed how the base of element looks similiar to an office tower instead of a condo building.i like it because it works well with the building across the street.

That block with the rental and Mariott is looking way too crowded already in my opinion and none of the new buidings look to be trying to fit in with what's there.

Half of the windows on the buildings are just facing yes....more windows, not sure I'd like to live somewhere with a full office of people staring into my living room, kinda ruins naked Tuesdays.

:)

No surprise with Marriott, but Element is certainly looking good. I also have high hopes for West ONE and N1.

Thanks for the pics!
Element's a great surprise - although I know it's been under construction for a while, it still just seems to have sort of 'appeared', to me. It's great to see this long-neglected and barren sea of parking lots beginning to fill in.
Although the block the new Marriot's going to be on is not quite empty, it's great to see the substation adjacent to this development, Icon I & II, The Jefferson, CBC, etc., finally have some development pressure put on it. Isn't it really, finally time for the city to consider moving or burying it? It'd be a great lot for something impressive to be built on.

How can you tell that the cladding for West One and N is the same as HVE when no cladding yet has gone up on them?

I'm right across the road from it, so I've been following Element pretty closely. It's really been soaring as of late. I agree with the others who've been impressed with the base. The lobby seems very tall, which should be good for the retail. Unfortunately, the retail only seems to occupy a small amount of the base.

"The Jefferson, CBC, etc., finally have some development pressure put on it. Isn't it really, finally time for the city to consider moving or burying it? It'd be a great lot for something impressive to be built on."

The Constellation Energy headquarters in Baltimore is built on top of a large substation.. office space starts around the 5th floor of the building, you would never know there is a substation there. something similar on that site would be perfect

How safe would it be living on top of a substation? Not only long term effects but also short term...I have a view of that substation and it's not a pretty site when something blows up.

It surely is an eyesore though...

Aahhhh... that would explain the unique base. 7WTC has turned out to be a truly magnificent building!

I took a closer look at the Element base, and unfortunately the retail ceilings don't appear to be unusually high. Still, a nice looking base.

imagine living in the Icon building where the substation is the focus of your view...

Back