City of Toronto Development Application Status Website

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by confusion, Feb 5, 2009.

1. confusion

confusion Active Member

2. khristopher

khristopher Senior Member

And it's still not easy to use. If you don't know the address, then forget about it!

3. waterloowarrior

waterloowarrior Senior Member

4. maestro

maestro Senior Member

The address is the most basic information one should know if interested in a project beyond the glossy renderings and glowing descriptions found in the Condo Guide.

5. khristopher

khristopher Senior Member

Forgive me for not being a know it all when it comes to developments in Toronto.

6. Urban-Affair

Urban-Affair Senior Member

unless u search for each one, one usually doesn't know the address until after the project is registered. Its usually just the development name for example...

7. marcus_a_j

marcus_a_j Senior Member

This is a pretty useful site. An address is not necessarily needed. If you know the general area, then you can search for all applications in that Ward. It will list all that are in the database, and then you can search for the applicable development application. Each listing has a brief description to help

8. Tuscani01

Tuscani01 Senior Member

Developers usually don't have a name for the project when they first submit applications. How would you suggest searching for a development name if a name doesn't exist?

The address is the easiest and best way to search for a development.

9. reagent

reagent New Member

I'm a real estate agent and I find this a very useful site to research what is planned for an area that my clients want to move into. Good to know that that nice house with the lovely finishes is going to have a condo building put up next door!! By the way, if you're thinking of relocating, here's another good site: http://spotcrime.com/on/toronto. Even if you're not going anywhere, check out this site.

10. Team Me

Team Me Active Member

Thanks for posting this at the top as a sticky. I often try and find this and spend hours searching through that toronto.ca website before I stumble upon it. I have to remember to bookmark it.

11. DSC

DSC Senior Member

Another City site with useful info is the BUILDING PERMIT site at: http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/setup.do?action=init

As with the Development site above it is sometimes good to search by Ward number and a date range. Example. Search Ward 28 (south central downtown) and a date range. WARNING: This site lists all kinds of building permits, big and small so you get LONG lists!

There is also an archive of older planning applications (Up to December 2008) but it seems to be static. See: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/development_portfolio/

12. Godspirit

Godspirit New Member

Know the ward and than putting the street name works.

13. onni

onni New Member

Is there similar kind of cite for York or Peel regions?

14. FNTS

FNTS Active Member

EN Consulting has developed the Toronto Development Database Map: "an interactive map created to show current developments in Toronto. Currently in its early stages. The map will categorize developments based on their current phases: proposed, application submitted, application approved, and under construction"

http://enconsulting.ca/development-map/

It's not entirely updated (the building I've been living in for 4 months appears as "under construction"), but otherwise it's pretty useful! (and entertaining)

15. innsertnamehere

innsertnamehere Superstar

Sounds a lot like my model! Except mine isn't missing tons of buildings, accurately displays the status, actually puts the buildings in the right place (HNR tower is located aright on yonge/Dundas in that map), and is 3D, showing the massing of the developments on the skyline!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013