News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Cities of Belgium - Preview

Ronald

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a few pics I've taken so far.
I'm in Brussels now, and I will return to Holland saturday evening, after visiting some more towns in Belgium's eastern provinces.

Ghent, in Flandres (Dutch speaking part)

same trams as TTC?

Bruges, Flanders

Wall of concrete along the Belgian coast (at Blankenberge)

Ieper, also in Flandres.

Mons, in Wallonia (the French speaking part of Belgium)

Louvain-la-Neuve, a new town in Wallonia, founded in 1971

And Brussels, The Capital of Europe

Many more pics of each city will follow soon!
I'll probably post several threads, one for each region.
:cheers:

Belgium-Preview

Ron: Those trams are indeed similar but they are definitely different than the TTCs CLRVs. That graffiti shot entrance looked like it was right out of NYC!! Was that in Brussels-and does that city's Metro have alot of graffiti? LI MIKE

Hey Ronald, I just got back from Brussels. Was there for the for the weekend. Pretty interesting trip - had a 15 year old kid pull a gun on me - that was a new experience.

I saw your hometown but only as the train passed through. I will make a stop there one day before the summer is out.

I don't want to hijack your thread or pre-empt your future posting plans but would you mind if I posted some of my Brussels photos from this weekend?

Nice you were in that city aswell, again it seems like we crossed paths. I was there from tuesday evening until friday morning. Of course I don't mind if you post your pics, it'll be cool to compare them with mine. Brussels is a great city- it deserves the attention!

same trams as TTC?

Not really, but the current TTC vehicles are coming to the end of their life and detailed consultations are under way on the purchase of the whole new fleet. So who knows, those may end up here sooner or later.

Louvain-la-Neuve, a new town in Wallonia, founded in 1971

I find this picture amazing, with (I assume) buildings dating from 1971 or later, in patterns which seem to echo cities from hundreds of years ago. Hopefully you have a few more pictures from there.

The Grand Place in Brussels is by far the most impressive public place I've ever seen. That itself makes the trip worthwhile... well, that and the chocolates.

Grand_Place.JPG

chocs.jpg

Back