News   Mar 28, 2024
 25     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 262     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 636     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

Looks like Pizza Nova is moving south next to the Body Shop; they have posters up on the windows now.

And Nova Cleaners have moved into the old Subway spot between Ginger and TD.

Last edited:
Looks like there's finally some activity at the north-west corner of Church & Dondonald (the old Fuzion and several other incarnations). Ages ago I'd heard that Bar Volo was going into that space after the Yonge St location closed, but it became pretty apparent that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Anybody know if this is Volo finally working? Something else?

I know I should just assume condo...

No word from Volo as a Yay nor Nay regarding that location, just that there were complications back when they opened up the Little Italy location. Haven't come across any new news in the beer community, but there may be some better info for those who chat up the Volo crew more often.

The current rumour as to what is going in at this location is as follows. It's been said that the building was actually sold and not leased. The buyer is thought to be a Vancouver based restaurant chain which has then led people to speculate that it will be an "Earls" Time will tell. They have a location downtown on King West.

Stormcrow, an alehouse from BC, is opening in the old mansion at Church/Dundonland (580 Church St). It's going to be called the Stormcrow Manor. Looks like it'll be a pub type space with board and card games, si-fi on TV, etc. There is one location in Vancouver already.

They have a website set up for the Toronto location! https://www.stormcrowmanor.com/

Stormcrow, an alehouse from BC, is opening in the old mansion at Church/Dundonland (580 Church St). It's going to be called the Stormcrow Manor. Looks like it'll be a pub type space with board and card games, si-fi on TV, etc. There is one location in Vancouver already.

They have a website set up for the Toronto location! https://www.stormcrowmanor.com/

This actually sounds pretty cool.

Thanks for the info! I'm disappointed it's not finally Volo going into that space, but this news is a lot better than having the site sit vacant. Will be interested in giving it a try next year!

Agreed. At this point, a stable tenant with solid money behind them is truly what this corner needs.

Granted, good beer is so rare in The Village, I'm a bit disappointed in no Volo too.

Last edited:
Sounds all right. Be nice to have something that'll stick around for a bit and add some traffic and life to the street.

Saw the blinds closed at Cumbrae's at lunch today and was worried they'd closed up shop, but the sign on the door says they're closed for repairs.

Back