Toronto The Residences at Central Park | 105.9m | 31s | Amexon | Core Architects

One side you have the quiet ravine, on the other side you have the blazing trains going along the train tracks every so often. FOR SURE you will be able to hear the trains for the buildings facing West. It's very close to the train tracks and I think some trains go along there overnight as well.

I live in Discovery 1 and traffic is already crazy turning onto Esther Shiner at rush hour, partly because of the condo traffic and partly because of Ikea, I shudder to think what a log jam is going to develop if this project comes to fruition. And yes, the train noise is bad enough and I face south and a block away, who would want to be right next to the tracks?

I live in Discovery 1 and traffic is already crazy turning onto Esther Shiner at rush hour, partly because of the condo traffic and partly because of Ikea, I shudder to think what a log jam is going to develop if this project comes to fruition. And yes, the train noise is bad enough and I face south and a block away, who would want to be right next to the tracks?

I can't imagine that ikea will forever be there... Seems like all other big box stores they relocate if they can sell their land for condos. That being said there are a ton of condos in this area and despite the subway and the go trains alot of ppl are buying in the area to access the 401 more then anything. The subway and go train are just there to make sure their investments are safe.

From May 24th courtesy INSIDE TORONTO (North York Mirror)

Cheers greet rejection of highrises

About two dozen residents cheered when North York councillors turned down an "insulting" development proposed on Sheppard Avenue, west of Leslie Street.

"This application is like no other seen along the subway corridor," Willowdale Councillor David Shiner said.

"What is here is really insulting, to show this kind of development to the community."

"The proposed density of the subject development is greatly in excess of the current official plan limit and is an over-intensification of the site," the report said.

More can be found via:
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/local/article/1360838--cheers-greet-rejection-of-highrises

They're seriously shrieking "over-intensification" on a site DIRECTLY across from a Subway station? I bet these same people were vehemently supporting the Sheppard Subway extension.
I say don't even give them the LRT.

I have a simple question, perhaps with no simple answer regarding this development. Does increasing developments in the area increase or decrease current home values? I would think there would be arguments on both ends, too much supply will decrease values, whereas bringing in more homeowners will lead to greater businesses in the area and hence desirability?

I have a simple question, perhaps with no simple answer regarding this development. Does increasing developments in the area increase or decrease current home values? I would think there would be arguments on both ends, too much supply will decrease values, whereas bringing in more homeowners will lead to greater businesses in the area and hence desirability?

To add to that, is there a chance of this area being a repeat of Yonge & Sheppard?

Big update: Settlement hammered out for Amexon project: Shiner
The settlement reduces the amount of residential development on the site by about a third, down to about 1,464 condo units in five buildings no more than 31 storeys high.
While the settlement on the size of the project is good news, the OMB hearing continues as the city and the developer fight over the developer’s financial contribution to community services, Shiner said.

Found these from about a year ago. Site plan may have been altered since then.

central-park1a.jpg

central-park1.jpg

central-park2.jpg

I wonder if they can plug this development into Leslie station through an underground tunnel. In the winter it's a pretty windy and saddening walk across the Sheppard Ave overpass.

Very good development for Leslie station. Very bad for traffic in the area.

and I assume they're going to move the above surface parking lot for the offices to the basement, so when they start building they're gonna dig one really big whole. basement parking floor plate could potentially be similar in size to the entire development.

Last edited:
It seems there is movement on site. Pro Green Demolition is on site demo'ing the 1200 Sheppard office building.

UD2 - in reference to the "underground tunnel". Concord's Park Place was to have a tunnel from Leslie Station - infact, that tunnel can be seen in Park Place's P3 parking garage (it's a long tunnel that abruptly ends). I am not sure what happened with it (probably had to do with money as to who is going to pay for it). So a tunnel here is possible, but probably wishful thinking.

AFAIK, the tunnel was supposed to go into an office building which was going to be Canadian Tire's new corporate headquarters until they cancelled their planned move. From there it was to go to Leslie Station. Someone else could build an office tower there some day… but there has been no news in years now.

Back