Toronto Celebration Condominiums at Bridlewood | ?m | 11s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

Jennifer Kwan ?
It sounds like a chinese lady. I doubt they will upscale the mall.
She will definitely approve the condo though. There got to be money for her for the mall expansion.
My guess would be the condo will be replaned though.
We might get our money back and have a chance to rebuy the new design.

Sorry about my last message.Her first name was wrong.

This is her.(LinkedIn wants a Login that I don't have or want)

Toronto, Canada Area - ‎Managing Director at Kwan & Kwan Properties Group
View Josephine Kwan's (Canada) professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Josephine Kwan ...

Phase 3 is cancelled because less than 75% was sold.
Phase 1 and 2 is delayed 2 yet and the occupiancy is 2019!
If you want money, there is no interest as the current rate is less than 2%.

Sound great that it is not going to be empty.
Still nothing as of now from Celebration.Target has been given the approval from the City to build an extension to the south end of the old Zellers but I still don't see any sign of renovations.Some more small stores have closed.A new Bakery has opened that has excellent bread and buns. The new Japanese Buffett should be opened very soon where The Olive was . Dollarama should be moving in some time this year.
No sign of the Condo development in the north parking lot or removal of the old Post Office.

Target leaving Canada

Phase 3 is cancelled because less than 75% was sold.
Phase 1 and 2 is delayed 2 yet and the occupiancy is 2019!
If you want money, there is no interest as the current rate is less than 2%.

Well,what now?Target just announced today it is leaving Canada.They were one reason some of the Condos were not built because Target did not want big condo buildings blocking the view of the store from Warden or Finch.I doubt Walmart will take it because it is relativity close to the Agincourt Mall Walmart.Also,Walmart now has a perfect choice of other Target stores closing.
Looks like the mall owners will divide up the old Zellers store just like what they did when Zellers moved from downstairs to upstairs when Kmart closed.
I don't think the condo project will be on again any time soon,as they could not sellout what they had.

I've always wondered about the feasibility of Celebration Condos at this northwest corner. When I first saw the signs for it, I said to myself,"Condos? Here? On this parking lot? On this former Zellers site?" but now, with the Target development kaibashed for obvious reasons, I wonder how this will affect this condo development as well as what retailer will take up this large tenant space.

I've always wondered about the feasibility of Celebration Condos at this northwest corner. When I first saw the signs for it, I said to myself,"Condos? Here? On this parking lot? On this former Zellers site?" but now, with the Target development kaibashed for obvious reasons, I wonder how this will affect this condo development as well as what retailer will take up this large tenant space.

drove by this area, no development at all. is this project cancelled? delayed indefinitely? can purchasers get their money back?

I've just taken a Google Street View tour all the way around Bridlewood Mall. Most of the imagery is up-to-date to 2015, some from May, some July, some September. Even as late as September the Celebration logo is still on the side of the mall where Zellers used to be, but in the meantime everything is completely gone from Malibu Investments' website.

I went looking as we've just seen an application come in for 3268 Finch East (it's got its own thread). That's a strip plaza at the southwest corner of the Bridlewood Mall property. It seems to be full of stores - maybe some of them will end up in the mall if 3268 goes ahead. (Celebration was meant for the north end of the mall property.)

The mall has large expanses of empty parking lot, but other areas are busy. Here's hoping that the right mix of re-investment is found to revitalize this corner of Scarborough.

2016 and 2017 Google Street View imagery now shows that the Celebration logo is totally gone from the site… so I wonder if Malibu still hold any ownership or an option here. In any case, until such time as the market is ready for a mixed-use project here, intensification on this site remains moribund.

Back