Toronto Celebration Condominiums at Bridlewood | ?m | 11s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

And the Promenade in Vaughan has a definite "inspired by Fashion Island / Newport Center" vibe. Perhaps it's not a coincidence that half the streets NW of Bathurst & Centre have sun-drenched Californian names...

I would think it's the stretch from the nw corner to the gas station at Bridletown at Finch (the western intersection). With Scarborough, it seems planners kinda SimCity'd the roads. Lots of repetition...

About a month ago, this notice was posted in my building.

notice1.jpg

Thought I'd share that with you guys.

I'm not sure Bridlewood's parking lots are so "unused" that they can sell off half the spaces, but whatever. This parking lot condo makeover makes Warden & Finch even more eerily similar to Don Mills.

Actually, the north side is pretty unused, actually not at all.

Theres barely ever cars over there, and that building that used to be the post office is just dead space, so it is possible on the north side.

As for the south side, the space that is unused which they are talking about is very small. I can't possibly see that many building being clustered together in that space.

The notice went on saying that they may also build a community centre in the area, for incentive porposes. I think they are trying to win over the residences, but from what I've heard, this proposal is facing a lot of opposition.

The north lot is never full but it is always used to some degree. I'm also not sure how they're going to fit in 12 buildings.

The north lot is never full but it is always used to some degree. I'm also not sure how they're going to fit in 12 buildings.

Yeah, you're right, I should have rephrased it and said to some degree. It would be impossible to move the parking from the north side to the west side, seeing as it is so small, it would never fit.

My guess is if this proposal went through, that they would have to make some public underground parking, that or maybe they might make it a plaza style cause of the retail stores they said they were going to add.

Either way, it will bring too much traffic to this area, it's okay right now at this stage, but adding this many buildings would cause a major congestion problem.

That's why I suggested earlier that "1200 stores" meant 1200 parking spaces, perhaps a parking structure or two, or underground.

I remember playing with RC cars in the empty north lot at Bridletown Mall when I was younger. I faintly remember Towers as well. My aunt's all worked up about the proposal at the south end with the density and crime it will bring (and it'll block her view, but of course that has nothing to do with it).

I remember playing with RC cars in the empty north lot at Bridletown Mall when I was younger. I faintly remember Towers as well. My aunt's all worked up about the proposal at the south end with the density and crime it will bring (and it'll block her view, but of course that has nothing to do with it).

I don't see any reason for it to bring crime, this intersection is pretty safe as it is. Nothing really happens there.

Thanks for the info (I've noticed the white signs outside of Bridlewood for some time now, and I've been thinking of looking up the report but didn't have time).

I like the towers and the extension towards Finch, but I'd like to see the same building frontage on Warden (unless the developers and the city are scared that this would create shadows over the old cemetery in front of Price Choppers).

Bridlewood Mall should update its interior to match what will be built on the exterior and look towards attracting better tenants. The public library should also be renovated, or better yet, move into a new building somewhere on the mall site.

Thanks for the update.

I still think that this is a useless project, once again, this area is densely populated to begin with, and adding all these towers will just bring congestion.

I still don't know why they would want to invest in Bridlewood mall. Asides from maybe Dominion, most stores are pretty much useless. I think expanding this mall would be pointless seeing as how anytime you visit the mall it's pretty desolate.

I understand that some stores maybe are useful to some, but there really isn't anything to bring other people in. I can see the mall probably thriving in this area if the Zellers was replaced with a Walmart. I think you can build around it then, but the way the mall is right now...it really isn't that great.

Back