Toronto Celebration Condominiums at Bridlewood | ?m | 11s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

It's strange because the condos on the north side have sold out.

I guess the new buyers of the Mall have bought the Mall only.Malibu still is trying to sell more units,as the the Sales office is still open.
Then we have the Target Store issue.It wants to extend the store into the south parking lot.And,I don't think they want a hi-rise condo at the corner of Warden & Finch,as it would block it's visibility.One good sign about the Mall is The Bank of Montreal is moving into the lower level by Metro.So they must have been assured of more business coming their way soon.The Bank is moving from "a hole in the wall" office at the other side of Bridletowne Circle.
So now,we will have The Royal,The Bank of Nova Scotia,and now The B of M.
I live just south of the Mall,and walk there almost every day.The homeowners all around this area didn't want the size of the project Malibu showed to us,and it was reduced to some degree.(the hi-rise buildings will be no taller than the other ones in the area).I have to wonder what those buyers of these condos are thinking,with their money being tied up for so long.
Something better happen soon,in regards to the new owners of the Mall with Target,or Target may pull out if the dithering continues.

It seems that the south builds are not going to happen.
The north side may as well be re plan as the 3rd building is higher than those in the area.
May be it is a good idea to talk to someone in the sales office and see what they know.

It seems that the south builds are not going to happen.
The north side may as well be re plan as the 3rd building is higher than those in the area.
May be it is a good idea to talk to someone in the sales office and see what they know.

No.I tried that early Spring,and was told by April,construction would start.Everything is hush hush in that Mall and the rumourmill is rolling along,now that the Mall is sold.(deal closes in the Fall).That sales office will only tell us what they want us to know,so as their sales won't be affected.

No.I tried that early Spring,and was told by April,construction would start.Everything is hush hush in that Mall and the rumourmill is rolling along,now that the Mall is sold.(deal closes in the Fall).That sales office will only tell us what they want us to know,so as their sales won't be affected.

Has anyone heard more about this since? I'm a buyer of the condo as well and I'm anxious to get any updates on this.

Not yet.Everything seems to be hush hush with everything related to the mall because of the new mall owners takeover.September is supposed to be the official takeover.
Have you contacted or visited the office in the mall across from the Library?Do they just keep giving a new date for construction?I wonder how may buyers have pulled out now after waiting so long.

Has anyone heard more about this since? I'm a buyer of the condo as well and I'm anxious to get any updates on this.

Not yet.Everything seems to be hush hush with everything related to the mall because of the new mall owners takeover.September is supposed to be the official takeover.
Have you contacted or visited the office in the mall across from the Library?Do they just keep giving a new date for construction?I wonder how may buyers have pulled out now after waiting so long.

I will go visit the office this saturday and see what information I can get and will post as soon as I get back.

Maybe Call ahead,as they have a sign posted: "By appointment only"

Just got a reply from the solicitors in which I asked about the status 3 weeks ago. They said the vendor is currently working on finalizing the project and they are in discussion with the mall owner about the mall expansion. Told me that I should expect an update in a few months. No concrete info there but at least there's a timeframe.

I don't know if it is the whole project, or just the severance of the mall, project sold to Kwan & Kwan Limited for 63$MM
Kwan&Kwan own the plaza at leslie/finch and don mills/eglinton (just south of the Shops on Don Mills)

No word yet on any redevelopment plans by Kwan & Kwan.

I don't know if it is the whole project, or just the severance of the mall, project sold to Kwan & Kwan Limited for 63$MM
Kwan&Kwan own the plaza at leslie/finch and don mills/eglinton (just south of the Shops on Don Mills)

Where did you see that Kwan&Kwan bought the mall. I saw a change on wikipedia said it was Avison Young that owned and managed it now.It also said they built it in 1973.That can't be right as A/Y was not even formed then,and the mall was built in 1976. A/Y was formed in 1978. I know we can't always believe Wikipedia.A few days ago,I saw an application form website for new tenants that A/Y had online.It was in .pdf format to download. Now that site is gone.
I couldn't find anything more about K&K other then what they had on their website.
Looks like they want to keep a lid on any more info,until they sell out more condos.

You are correct about them owning Bridlewood Mall.I found out from a friend who is a manager at one of the stores.Apparently,a lady named Jennifer Kwan (first name may be different spelling)owns the whole Mall and project to come.
Still,we wait and wait for better stores to come soon.The only reason I go there now is when I have to go for food,drugs and doctor.The Restaurant and Bar went bankrupt for not paying rent,and was very poorly managed.Friends went there as it was the only one around,and after shopping stopped in for a beer.Ever since the original Mall owners sold to Fishman,the Mall kept going downhill,as far as storekeeper tenants.Too many phone stores,shoe and cheap clothing.The only new Tenant is The B of M that just moved in beside Metro. Zellers store still waiting for Target to come,looks like hell sitting empty

Jennifer Kwan ?
It sounds like a chinese lady. I doubt they will upscale the mall.
She will definitely approve the condo though. There got to be money for her for the mall expansion.
My guess would be the condo will be replaned though.
We might get our money back and have a chance to rebuy the new design.

Back