Toronto Celebration Condominiums at Bridlewood | ?m | 11s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

2900 Warden Ave (Warden & Finch)

2900 Warden. I couldn't find a thread so I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but a rezoning application submitted by 1512691 Ontario Limited to permit the expansion of an existing retail mall by 9,040-sq.m. and development of eight-residential towers ranging in height from 7 to 38 storeys, with a total of 1,370 units at 2900 Warden Avenue.

it sure would be nice and more 'complete' if they bought out that gas station at the corner of Bridletown Circle & Finch to do a comprehensive redevelopment of the whole block

Bridlewood Mall Development

A large project planned for Bridlewood Mall site....couldn't find any existing thread...from today's Daily Commercial News..

RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT Proj: 9100703-2

Scarborough, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

2900 Warden Ave, Bridlewood Mall, M1W 2S8
$800,000,000 est

Note: This project is preliminary. Owner is seeking City Council rezoning approvals. Schedules for design, tender and construction are undetermined. Further update early Summer, 2010.

Project: proposed construction of a mixed use development with eight condominium apartment buildings with retail at grade. Proposed for the site are three seven-storey buildings that will step up to ten and twenty storeys. A single-storey podium building is proposed to connect the seven-storey base buildings. Also proposed are three residential point towers, 36, 32 and 38 storeys in height with 30,500 sq ft of commercial space along the Finch avenue frontage. 1,595 residential spaces will be included in a proposed four level underground parking structure at the southern portion of the site and a two-level underground parking structure at the northern portion of the site. 2,990 surface parking spaces will also be provided. Redevelopment of the existing Bridlewood Mall buildings on the site can be followed under report number 9100701.

Scope: 114,400 m²; 36 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 8 structures; 1370 units; parking for 1595 cars
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

Existing Thread:

Finch & Warden

However, I think that yyzer's thread name does seems more appropriate ... your thoughts MODs?

Bridlewood Mall Redevelopment (Lanterra, 2900 Warden @ Finch, 38 + 32 + 26 + 20 + 10 + 3x7s)

For reference, the City Planning Preliminary Report (May 2008):
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/sc/bgrd/backgroundfile-13328.pdf

Proposal
A total of 1,370 residential units are proposed in 8 residential towers. At the north portion of the site, the applicant proposes three, 7-storey base buildings that step up to 10 storeys and 20 storeys. The three, 7-storey base buildings will contain 2-storey graderelated residential units that will front onto both Bridletowne Circle and Warden Avenue. A 1-storey podium building is proposed at the corner of Warden Avenue and Bridletowne Circle that will connect the 7-storey base buildings.

Last edited:
Thx Solaris, weird, I searched both 'Bridlewood' and 'Warden', and it didn't come up.....oh well...mods, can you please combine these threads, thx..:)

To add to Solaris' thread title, Lanterra is behind the residential development. It was mentioned during one of the public meetings I believe.

$800,000,000? That's impressive. Yes, it's Daily Commercial News, but, still.

It's amazing to think that even after this complex injects 800M ccs of density into the area, the Bridlewood Mall block will still have large swaths of parking, Warden and Finch still won't have any real streetwalls, all the towers in the park nearby will still have tons of tower renewalesque redevelopment/infill potential, there still won't be any improved transit in the area, etc. Lots of work to be done. I've always been a tiny bit miffed by Don Mills' redevelopment, particularly the way it's been handled by Cadillac Fairview and in the way it's been slowly compromised over the years like a death from a thousand paper cuts. However, the Bridletowne area was never the same kind of pure product, so I have no problem at all with seeing it practically destroyed to make it better down the road.

It does scream out for improved transit though. Can't we get 1 of Transfer City's 3 northern Scarborough lines rerouted to it?

No, we need to serve a pool and some raccoons. We can't afford to serve massive concentrations of people.

If the TTC/YRT double fare is dealth with, I'd love to see a Warden line of some sort. There's an enormous amount of people and jobs along Warden north of the 401 and much more on the way...too bad it's just Scarberia suburbia south of the 401.

At one point York had Warden as a N-S corridor for rapid transit connecting to the Sheppard Subway, pre-Transfer City. This might still be considered, as Warden and McCowan are both being looked as N-S rapid transit corridors.

^ Oops, you're right, my mistake. The meeting i attended was awhile ago and I had got them confused. Thanks for correcting me.

Back