Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

The (good) thing is those concrete slabs & brick bunkers are not very prominent on the skyline, unless your view is from the cn tower or out of an airplane window. Where as all these glass boxes are generally taller and much more visible. Its becoming our city's style, a very dull & repetitive one at that. More diversity is needed i.e. Aura, L, ICE, Scotia, Royal Bank Plaza, Shangra-la, 1 St Thomas, Ritz. Theres nothing wrong with a high quality glass box i.e. 4 Season, X or Casa, but its disappointing to see that the majority of new proposals (highly visible buildings) have almost the exact same proportions.

Hopefully when those projects currently under construction that you have mentioned are completed, they will draw the eye more towards them and away from the glass boxes everywhere. I hope that when all the A+ buildings are complete, the rest of the glass boxes will just look like filler.

I mean let's be honest here, if you're at College & Spadina looking east, which are you going to notice first: Burano, or Aura?

You just gave 8 examples of diversity.........:confused: thats a ton of amazing projects going on .....

Alright I'll give yah that much, there is some diversity. But for every L tower or Ice, at least 2 or 3 boxes go up. Just wish they'd even up the ratio a little.
I do agree gweed, Aura will be much more noticeable due to its design & height.

Last edited:
Tonight I just connected some dots thanks to the excellent the toronto blog while re-reading the development application board photo.

Two lobbies--one on Hayden St the other on Charles St E--what could that mean?

Well duh! Obviously the Charles St E one will be the hotel lobby entrance while the Hayden St side will the for residents (or the otther way around!)

So this will be a Missoni Hotel with Missoni Casa furnishings in the lobby and amenities area for the residential portion!

Let's see how right or wrong this sudden gut feeling of mine is!

I also expect the elevation posted is a placeholder--the final design will be super sexy and different!

Last edited:
Tonight I just connected some dots thanks to the excellent the toronto blog while re-reading the development application board photo.

Two lobbies--one on Hayden St the other on Charles St E--what could that mean?

Well duh! Obviously the Charles St E one will be the hotel lobby entrance while the Hayden St side will the for residents (or the otther way around!)

So this will be a Missoni Hotel with Missoni Casa furnishings in the lobby and amenities area for the residential portion!

Let's see how right or wrong this sudden gut feeling of mine is!

I also expect the elevation posted is a placeholder--the final design will be super sexy and different!

you could be right, but that's not the impression i got when i read it.

i have the feeling that the 4s podium will have retail/office space fronting Hayden since the Bloor/Yonge subway has an entrance / exit on that side, while the Charles St side will be the main lobby / entrance for the residents but still have access via Hayden... that's my interpretation of the mix-use development.

I would have no problem with Cresford replicating Casa at 62 storeys. It's one of aA's best designs.

I would have no problem with Cresford replicating Casa at 62 storeys. It's one of aA's best designs.

They will need to do something special for sure as the location is not as good as Casa. They are boxed to the west by BSN and to the South by Casa and Chaz, and to the North there is a condo as well, on the North side of Haden, though not super high.

So they are going to need some unique marketing niche to attract the buyers as the views aren't going to be great except for the very top floors.

Whether the design is awesome, or the facilities are special or whatever they decide, that is what i'm looking at. But they'll need something to create a 'buzz'.

But at least change the hat, no?

new-york-world-financial-center-new-york-city-ny100.jpg

The YMCA building, to be demolished

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

just tweeted by @buzz....sales for this project will launch in November 2011....

just tweeted by @buzz.....sales for this project will launch in November 2011....

I just started looking at this project, has the VIP sale come and gone? I saw some posts from some agents about a VIP sale that was taking place in March 2011.

Back