1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Cannes Random Photos

R

roch5220

One of these days, I'll upload my Czech Rep, Slovakia, Austria, and Hungary trip.

Enjoyed Cannes much better than the Italian influenced Grittier Nice

1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Home of the world's Other famous film festival

15.jpg

16.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

The French Riviera circuit every four or five years, reminds me of how seductive this lifestyle could be for those that could afford it on a more regular basis. This is a type of anonymous dream that floats on idle minds in wintry weather, made real by such towns as Cannes on the Côte d'Azur.

There are great art galleries here, excellent places to dine, and the incredible light that is impossible to describe, but which we have a glimpse in your photos. Then that warm water, that covers your body as you glide off the beach for an afternoon swim.

And to think, if you get bored with Cannes, you are not too far away from the Alps (the Maritime Alps and not the giants further North). And if that is not your fancy, a daytime sail over to one of the Îles de Lérins for seaside rustication.

The allure of Cannes drew Mr. Bean all the way from England - I seen a hilarious movie about it on AC 849 yesterday afternoon, as the allure of Toronto drew me all the way from England.

Back