News   Apr 18, 2024
 546     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Canalfa snubs the broker - offers commission to the purchaser...

iSlutsky

Chit-Chatter
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey UT Peeps,

Has anyone received the new promotion by CanAlfa? Canalfa launched a promotion today offering 3% cash back to purchasers who buy direct. The promotion applies to Bliss condominiums and Liberty Towers.

I posted part of the eBlast 'here'.

I think it is a pretty gutsy move! But, awesome!

What do people think about this? Purchasers? Realtors?

nice ... hope that trend continues.

maybe this could lead to excluding brokers from buying units at VIP grand openings who have no intention of living there, and then flip it for $10,000s more.

Don't worry CanAlfa has about 400 different ways it likes to f*** the purchaser... Lets hope they can at least build a decent tower.

Hey UT Peeps,

Has anyone received the new promotion by CanAlfa? Canalfa launched a promotion today offering 3% cash back to purchasers who buy direct. The promotion applies to Bliss condominiums and Liberty Towers.

Ian it is a different offer, yet, you're missing one key point: the buildings offered are mostly sold-out. CanAlfa has few units left and they are unlikely to be the best floorplans, they re also much more expensive they originally sold. CanAlfa also knows it had exhausted the Realtor pool as a promotional team therefor tries to win a couple of sales on their own.

Knowing CanAlfa's past they have been very cooperative with Realtors and have done very well using promotions through the Realtor community so it's a sales gimmick at this point and not a shift in marketing strategy.

At the end of the day, a buyer does not care if they purchase through a Realtor or not - all they care for is location, layout, price, etc. The Realtor is there to help pick the best floorplan, note the dangerous clauses, negotiate a better deal, terms, price, free parking and/or locker, etc.

i.e. it's all should be taken in perspective.

Ian it is a different offer, yet, you're missing one key point: the buildings offered are mostly sold-out. CanAlfa has few units left and they are unlikely to be the best floorplans, they re also much more expensive they originally sold. CanAlfa also knows it had exhausted the Realtor pool as a promotional team therefor tries to win a couple of sales on their own.

Knowing CanAlfa's past they have been very cooperative with Realtors and have done very well using promotions through the Realtor community so it's a sales gimmick at this point and not a shift in marketing strategy.

At the end of the day, a buyer does not care if they purchase through a Realtor or not - all they care for is location, layout, price, etc. The Realtor is there to help pick the best floorplan, note the dangerous clauses, negotiate a better deal, terms, price, free parking and/or locker, etc.

i.e. it's all should be taken in perspective.

Who is Ian? Am I Ian?

Anyway, if I am Ian, then I do not think that I am missing the point at all. I think the point of that promotion is quite clear.

However, I am missing the point of "The Realtor is there to help pick the best floorplan, note the dangerous clauses, negotiate a better deal, terms, price, free parking and/or locker". I am missing the point for the following reasons:
(i) "note the dangerous clauses": Personally, I would rather leave that up to my lawyer;
(ii) "Negotiate a better deal, terms, price, free parking and/or locker": Again, my lawyer is pretty amazing at that. But, further, what is being offered that any purchaser can not do on their own? I would much rather save 3% off my purchase price, and negotiate that on my own.

The Realtor is there to help pick the best floorplan, note the dangerous clauses, negotiate a better deal, terms, price, free parking and/or locker, etc.

Not necessarily true. Much better to use a lawyer to look at the dangerous clauses. Plus the purchaser will probably use a lawyer anyways, thus making a realtor somewhat redundant. In terms of getting a better deal, terms, price, free parking etc. I am sure a buyer is quite capable of negotiating herself.

Back