News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 630     0 

Buying TTC tokens

Dilla

Member Bio
Reaction score
About a year ago, the local store where i used to buy tokens stopped selling them. Maybe they were fake and they only stopped because the new ones came out, but the woman behind the desk told me it was due to the TTC changing the minimum number it would sell to retailers. She said she didn't sell many of them, and she wasn't going to buy 2000 at once (or whatever the number was, it escapes me know).

Now that tickets are gone, it's even worse. I went to the Shoppers by College and Bathurst, and they don't sell tickets anymore. Is there a list of retailers who actually sell these things? I work around Kind and Spadina, and I'm now about to walk to St. Andrew in the freezing cold to get tokens, as I have nowhere else to go, as far as I'm aware.

Is anyone else finding this a problem? Does anyone know if this is on the TTC's radar?

Well, I know shoppers at queens quay sells tokens (spadina & queens quay). Also I noticed a sign at Metro (ex-Dominion) at College Park (Yonge & College) saying they sell tickets. Not sure of other places. Probably some more around. Maybe call up some shoppers drug mart around and see which ones offer them close to you

Your case seems to be isolated. I'm at Queen & Strachan and there are at least 3 places in a 1 minute walk that used to sell tickets that still sell TTC fare in tokens. I'm afraid you're just unlucky.

I'm finding it easier to find tokens than before. When there were still tickets, the most convenient places to me sold tickets rather than tokens. Now I can get tokens easier!

^ Which is why the idea that they have to buy them in bulk (2000 at a time) is not true. Some of the stores where I buy mine run out often and tell me to come back the next day.

Dilla, it sounds like the store you went to was doing something illegitimate that can't be done so easily with the phasing out of tickets.

The return of the blue token holder

Recently, I have purchased a couple of the blue token holders from a convenience store in my area. They are similar to the old original Bank of Montreal token holders, that I still used.

They hold 10 tokens.

Back