Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

More Concrete:

5622939646_2c28aa6273_z.jpg

Like this project a lot and I'm eager to see the finished product.

But boy, when I look at those pictures, I just have say I HATE Bay Street there for pedestrians. It's got to be the coldest, greyest, most windswept stretch downtown. I really hope with these new projects they narrow the street and do something to create some pedestrian interest here. It really, really sucks.

But boy, when I look at those pictures, I just have say I HATE Bay Street there for pedestrians. It's got to be the coldest, greyest, most windswept stretch downtown. I really hope with these new projects they narrow the street and do something to create some pedestrian interest here. It really, really sucks.

Even until 5-7 years ago it wasn't a very interesting street to walk along (Bloor to say, Dundas) but it has improved considerably and will continue to do so plus it is much busier now with pedestrian traffic. A wind tunnel it is, and probably always will be.

I wonder if planting avenues with allees of trees might mitigate the wind tunnel effect?

I wonder if planting avenues with allees of trees might mitigate the wind tunnel effect?

The city or condo's north of Murano keep planting them, and they keep dying. Unless the sidewalks are torn up and redone ala Bloor, this stretch will continue to be quite sere.

When people think bay street, they think the financial district, but bay street really does go above and beyond. It is the backbone of our north of the cbd skyline. Without bay street and Bloor street, we have only a few skyscrapers that impact the skyline north of dundas (met, Casa, BSN, and Some along the Jarvis area like verve )

There's some curtainwall on the podium now, facing Bay St. Looks like it's leaning out toward the street from the third floor.

some more images of angled podium glass, from both the front and backsides

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1697.jpg
    IMG_1697.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 185
great update! Its curious though how the glass and frames in these latest pics all look greyish while so many of the other pics make the tower look as if it has blue glass. Personally I always hoped it would be dark grey or black... guess I'll have to take a closer look in person.

I think it might just be the lighting that makes them look bluer than they really are. Yesterday was a bit cloudy and there wasn't any direct sun bouncing off the windows....so perhaps their true colour came out. They look grey in person as well, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

From Wellesley & Bay

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Murano north looks kinda chunky in that shot ^^^
Burano is a slow riser.... it still has a big chunk left to go, and despite its already fair height, doesn't look that tall...

Back